Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post your gen 7

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Post up pictures of your Gen 7 Truck.

100_3223.jpg

Fellro

Staff member
Mine has been hiding in the barn for a couple years waiting for me to have time to get back to fixing its issues that arose when a friend was using it. Only a few more weeks, and I can get back to a more normal life schedule...

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Mine has been hiding in the barn for a couple years waiting for me to have time to get back to fixing its issues that arose when a friend was using it. Only a few more weeks, and I can get back to a more normal life schedule...

I hope yours is better body wise than mine.

Fellro

Staff member
The box has issues, the paint is fried, but the cab is solid, as is the front clip. The interior is nice though. Showing some wear, it has been pretty much a work truck most of its time. PO to me was a local cooperative.

Truck_pics_070.jpg

86_F250_Cab.jpg

A pic from the early days of ownership..

86_F250_r.jpg

The old man's 84 that was bought new in the background, typical day in the life of mine when operational.

DSC01404.jpg

Fellro

Staff member
The last pic was from a day at an auction that got really muddy. I was running axle deep in ruts pulling the trailer behind it uphill. Saw others having to get pulled out, but it just dug in and kept rolling. Had one other time I never thought I would make it pulling a heavy load of scrap out of a muddy field, figured the payloader was going to have to pull me out, but I seemed to get out better than it did... When I went looking for a truck, I wanted diesel, and 4x4. Would have liked to get extended cab, but just weren't many good ones available that I could afford. I am hoping to rebuild the old man's 84 and use it for the distance hauler. It has the gears for running highway, while mine has the gears for pulling heavy. I get into too many situations where 4x4 is necessary. Used it today a bit on the 88, and many other times. Part of being int he country, and farm work kind of plays into it as well.

Last edited:
My 81 Flareside

Here are some pics of my truck. I'm in the process of making a custom dash gauge panel. Bought one from Classic Dash that didn't fit and they refunded my money. So, I went to Plan B and went online to Front Panel Express and designed my own aluminum insert that will go into the rectangular spot in the stock dash panel where the factory gauges normally show through. I'll post pictures when I have it installed. Was only able to fit 5 gauges though - had to leave out the tach.

So far I've put a T5 5 spd transmission in the truck, put late model Jeep Cherokee seats in it, dyed the dash gray (from green) and put in new door panels and a plastic dash cover. Also put a Retrosound stereo in so I could have modern things like an iPod plug in the front but without cutting the dash.

Brad

Last edited:
Cliff, thanks for the good words. I've never had a truck before - always been a Mustang freak but I love this truck and am having a ball restoring and modifying it. Here are some pictures of the new dash. I had hoped to get it installed today but I didn't have a perfect seal at the bottom where you can see a small gap between the insert and the stock dash panel. I have a fix for that but it means I have to fabricate a new brace to go behind the dash panel to hold the aluminum insert. When I get that done and get it installed I'll post pics.

Brad

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Cliff, thanks for the good words. I've never had a truck before - always been a Mustang freak but I love this truck and am having a ball restoring and modifying it. Here are some pictures of the new dash. I had hoped to get it installed today but I didn't have a perfect seal at the bottom where you can see a small gap between the insert and the stock dash panel. I have a fix for that but it means I have to fabricate a new brace to go behind the dash panel to hold the aluminum insert. When I get that done and get it installed I'll post pics.

Brad

That looks great.

I'll try not to! Ha! I really liked the dash panel from Classic Dash (if it had fit) because it would take the 6 gauges and the whole panel was supposed to bolt in. This panel I am doing now is taking lots of work but it will definitely be worth it in the end I think. Took me a hour or two on the computer with Front Panel's software to design the thing as I experimented with the gauge placement. I can't wait to get it done and get it installed but the boss has plans for me tomorrow so it won't happen this weekend!

Brad

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Yeah you got to keep the Boss happy. I wonder why Roy didn't post his truck?

Ford Truck Articles