Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post a pic of your dent

It's not a windshield visor. It's a rearview mirror that has no blind spots..

IMGP5348small.jpg

Mirror is on the inside. I think Ben was asking about the external visor. It looks just like the one I described above.

Protective film still on the outside of it.
dsc02071.jpg

dsc02069.jpg

I haven't had the balls to drill holes into my cab to install it. If you could I'd like to see more pictures of it and then I can make a decision wether or not to put it on.

Thanks. I've seen your trucks on FTE....love the stance!

Thanks. :)

The tailgate has the FORD letters cut out and is working lights with the tailights.

I'd like to see a nightime shot of that.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Well since you asked...not a fan of that visor/mirror thing on the windshield. Not a fan of diamond plate anywhere at all on a vehicle. Not a fan of the cut outs. And I think Ford on the tailgate should be a different color, although I see you were matching accents. But those are just my preferences, you truck...if you like em, keep em. But it is a really sharp truck...and for some reason, I'm really digging the vinyl on the roof.

As for the bed, not sure what you're looking to do to it, but I'd switch to a 77-79 bed that has the square gas doors.

Hardly a fan at all, eh? I bet you'd be a fan of 500hp and the looks of the engine compartment, or maybe not. Thanks for the ideas though.

You think having the red FORD lights in the tailgate should be blue or some other color? Remember, they are working tail lights and light up when I turn the lights on or hit the breaks. Did you think they should light up different than red

engine.jpeg

Last edited:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I'd like to see the tailgate lit up.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
M78 – there are vintage blue dots in the headlights also.

Ranger429, you are correct. Sorry, I misunderstood.

This is probably the best shot I have of it, I can try to get high and get a shot another time if you want.

front_few.jpg

Fordtruckman80 - What’s wrong with chrome gas door? Babe is my wife!!!! You didn’t guess?

Captain p4 – This rig will NEVER leave the tar unless it’s carrying me to my grave at my funeral!

I have a picture of the tailgate in the garage, but it's still hard to tell with the camera flash. Let me work on my camera skills and I'll work on getting a better picture.

As for the bed, not sure what you're looking to do to it, but I'd switch to a 77-79 bed that has the square gas doors.

I see a Chrome Square gas door....[confused]

He was responding to the post above.

Ranger429, you are correct. Sorry, I misunderstood.

This is probably the best shot I have of it, I can try to get high and get a shot another time if you want.

I kind of knew that's what you were thinking.

If you could get some top side pics that would help. Is it louvered like the one I have? I'm guessing that it was made by the same people.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ranger429 beat me to it,I was responding to Ben's post.

I figured Babe was your wife,but you never know.

I gotcha and I understand! :wasntme:

He was responding to the post above.

I kind of knew that's what you were thinking.

If you could get some top side pics that would help. Is it louvered like the one I have? I'm guessing that it was made by the same people.

I figured it out now, thanks. :slap: I guess I'm not as smart as my clients think I am. But everything on the truck as far as the main parts, ie: the block, rear end housing, tranny, and all panels AS WELL AS the trim is original from the 73-77 F150 era. We didn't go to Dennis Carpenter or LMC or JEGS for panels and trim. The parts were searched far and wide over an 8 year period. Aftermarket stuff was electric mirrors, roll cage, wheels, visor, and other goodies, etc. The bed is original to the truck - gas cover is original, just had it chromed. Even the AC is NOS. I'm the third owner and am still in contact and great friends with owner #2 and he still in contact and great friends with owner #1.

As far as the visor, it is exactly what you have in the pictures. I'll work on getting some top shots. I didn't think it was stainless, it seems chrome plated to me.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
But everything on the truck as far as the main parts, ie: the block, rear end housing, tranny, and all panels AS WELL AS the trim is original from the 73-77 F150 era.

We didn't go to Dennis Carpenter or LMC or JEGS for panels and trim.
Did'ja know that Dennis Carpenter has the second largest inventory of NOS Ford parts on the planet?

Green Sales Co, in Cincinnati OH has the largest inventory.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hardly a fan at all, eh? I bet you'd be a fan of 500hp and the looks of the engine compartment, or maybe not. Thanks for the ideas though.

Now I am a fan of that 500 hp. But you can't just say something like that and not spill the beans on the specs. I think it would be cool if you made a thread dedicated to this truck...full disclosure style, and any progress pics from start to finish if you had them.

You think having the red FORD lights in the tailgate should be blue or some other color? Remember, they are working tail lights and light up when I turn the lights on or hit the breaks. Did you think they should light up different than red

Ahhh...musta missed that, from the pics, it just looked like the FORD letters were painted black. Pretty ingenuitive if I do say so myself.

I figured it out now, thanks. :slap: I guess I'm not as smart as my clients think I am. But everything on the truck as far as the main parts, ie: the block, rear end housing, tranny, and all panels AS WELL AS the trim is original from the 73-77 F150 era. .

Ah...a man after my own heart, keeping things original. I think that's a true testament to these trucks. Hell, if the OE stuff could last 30+ years, why not use original stuff.

We didn't go to Dennis Carpenter or LMC or JEGS for panels and trim. The parts were searched far and wide over an 8 year period. .

That's one of the pleasures of living in the south, when mine was redone, there were plenty of good used trucks to take OE stuff off of, and it took 8 months instead of 8 years. Mom wasn't too happy though having 3-4 'extra' trucks sitting around the house though...and when you're 17 you tend to want to keep mom happy.

I'm the third owner and am still in contact and great friends with owner #2 and he still in contact and great friends with owner #1.

Funny how that works out isn't it. I'm still in regualr contact with the family that owned my 77, and I'm still in conctact with the original owner of my Bronco and we still send Christmas cards back and forth to the salesman that sold us the 96 when my dad bought it new.

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Did'ja know that Dennis Carpenter has the second largest inventory of NOS Ford parts on the planet?

Green Sales Co, in Cincinnati OH has the largest inventory.

I did know that. I also know that he worked directly with Ford to duplicate stamps,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but not all stamps and the stamps weren't exactly as the original Ford stamps, for example the original grill trim had three small, but distinctive dents in it and the new stamped ones from Dennis and China are perfectly straight....blows the other Ford owners away when we inspect our grill trims at shows and events. This was verified by Ford a while back. smilieFordlogo

Now I am a fan of that 500 hp. But you can't just say something like that and not spill the beans on the specs. I think it would be cool if you made a thread dedicated to this truck...full disclosure style, and any progress pics from start to finish if you had them.

Ahhh...musta missed that, from the pics, it just looked like the FORD letters were painted black. Pretty ingenuitive if I do say so myself.

Edlebrock Performer Series 600 CFM, Performer 400 Edelbrock Manifold,
Brand New:
Sil-O-Lite Pistons
Federal Mogul Clevite 77 Bearings
Manley SBI Valves
Pioneer Elgin Springs
Elgin Rocker Arms and Push Rods
Melling Elgin Camshaft
Melling 3 Piece Dynagear Timing Gear
Melling Dynagear Oil Pump
Radius Ground & Magnafluxed Crankshaft
Heavy Duty Rod Bolts
OEM Moly Rings
OEM Lifters

Crankshaft was all radius ground & magnifluxed, 3 angle cut valve seats,valve seats concentricity tested, etc, etc, etc,.

I don't get enough work done as it is. There are 8 years of stories that I haven't even heard of yet. smilietease

Here's a cool story: at a car show, a dodge :toilet: owner said the Ford 400's were junk and his would better it. So, we challenged him, TITLE FOR TITLE, whoever could pull the other ONE INCH, would have to give up the title to their piece of junk. He chickened out after all his buddies and the mechanics and car enthusiasts warned him about the torque the 400's were designed for. This was in Washington State.

Ok, this is addicting and I gotta get to work or my wife's going to fire me and won't let me get another Dent :fan: . Look up the definition of a Ford Junkie and you'll see my picture there. I even went to the Rouge Ford plant in Detroit, did a factory tour, and learned a lot of Ford history. His collection/museum is like no other on the planet. Did you guys know that Ford owns more American historical artifacts than any museum or entity in the world, including the Smithsonian!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ah...a man after my own heart, keeping things original. I think that's a true testament to these trucks. Hell, if the OE stuff could last 30+ years, why not use original stuff.

That's one of the pleasures of living in the south, when mine was redone, there were plenty of good used trucks to take OE stuff off of, and it took 8 months instead of 8 years. Mom wasn't too happy though having 3-4 'extra' trucks sitting around the house though...and when you're 17 you tend to want to keep mom happy.

Funny how that works out isn't it. I'm still in regualr contact with the family that owned my 77, and I'm still in conctact with the original owner of my Bronco and we still send Christmas cards back and forth to the salesman that sold us the 96 when my dad bought it new.

Most of her came from California. Not much up here in the north east. :headbang:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
1977 F100 Stepside Custom
429/C6 with B&M Kit/9" with 4:11s
(photos taken in '83)

Very nice. Any pics under the hood or the interior?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Very very nice truck...I too, would like to see some more recent pics. I always liked that 'pin striping'. There's a dark green metallic one I always drool over not far from my house. Anyway...more specs on the 429.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
The pictures remind me of the days (not too long ago actually 'hippie' ) of the 35mm cameras and dropping off film to get developed.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
More more more!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts