Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Something a little different.....

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Source: http://www.omaha.com/news/goodnews/...cle_cbd431e4-0e26-11e6-8c92-8fe6a192e4b1.html

57238bd86f0c1.image.jpg

57238b88620fa.image.jpg

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Actually, the frame material is whatever GM used at the time, probably a very common steel and about the same as today. During assembly the Fiero unibody, after weldments were completed, was set in a jig and all holes used to to attach body panels were drilled via robot in that one position. All body skin panels were made from urethane, and the car could be driven with no body panels since they were non-structural in anyway. Theoretically and for the year 1984, a superior fit of body panels.

*30 something years ago, there were vids of that car being driven with no body panels.

Last edited:

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
It was actually a pretty good idea, and if they would have put a decent front susspension in it, insted of the chevette one, it could have been a good little sports car

I had 3 of them. 2 v6's and a 4

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Not sure on that one Doug.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That is cool,a true work of craftsmanship.
He doesn't have to worry about rust only termites.
And a fire!

Sent from my SM-N915R4 using Tapatalk

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^you know there's gasoline, lots of heat, and sparks flowing underneath all that wood right?

Sent from my SM-N915R4 using Tapatalk

Ford Truck Articles