Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

07 F150 PW regulator replacement

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Has anyone ever replaced one of these units and if so is it *really* a PITA as some people claim or, for people who possess the skill and wrenching ability to do pretty much anything, will find the job to be straight forward, intuitive and with few to no hassles?

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Did a little searching and found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRiYJhgXFYo

its not a regulator replacement, but gets you in the door. ( has get it....in the door. lololol)

looks kind of like a pain in the butt, but more along the lines of lots of shit to remove, not so much as hard to do it.

blacksnapon

Staff member
get you a really good rivet tool . a standard gun wont do it.it'll be easier if you get a regulator with the motor on it

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Thanks for the tips Vice, always appreciated!

Follow up question.....I think those large rivet tools can be had for about $20 at Harbor freight yes, gotta have the tool. But if the current rivets are 1/4" ones, like the Rangers and Explorers use on the door hardware, how about using 1/4" carriage bolts or hex head bolts in lieu of the rivets? Any reason not to do this on the F150?

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Did a little searching and found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRiYJhgXFYo

its not a regulator replacement, but gets you in the door. ( has get it....in the door. lololol)

looks kind of like a pain in the butt, but more along the lines of lots of shit to remove, not so much as hard to do it.

Will look at that, thanks!

*** Me has a friend who is having mobility issues and can't do the same work for a paycheck that he used to and thus, $ got tighter around his home. This thing has been broke and taped up since last summer, and looks crappy. The truck is used by him first and then his wife on snowy days; me is considering delivering a Xmas present to them, installed.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Thanks for the tips Vice, always appreciated!

Follow up question.....I think those large rivet tools can be had for about $20 at Harbor freight yes, gotta have the tool. But if the current rivets are 1/4" ones, like the Rangers and Explorers use on the door hardware, how about using 1/4" carriage bolts or hex head bolts in lieu of the rivets? Any reason not to do this on the F150?
jus watch for clearance issues. you might try putting them inside out.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Thanks again guys, good info!

Ford Truck Articles