Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2015 Transit

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
I have no problem with the Econoline.
Maybe I'm just used to them since I've been driving them since about 1978.

The only real plus I can give the Econoline is that it's a damned sight better than the Express. But that ain't really saying much, if you think about it. Horrible fuel mileage, ponderous handling (if you even call it that), a ride that'll knock your teeth fillings out empty or loaded, brakes that require major advanced planning (even with 4 wheel discs and ABS- how do they manage that?), awful seats, total lack of modern amenities... I mean honestly, this is 2014. Any proper van has sliding doors on both sides, powered, backup camera, Navigation, etc etc etc. It's like driving a brand new commercial vehicle... circa 1980.

Yes, it's cheap, durable, and reliable. That just isn't good enough anymore.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
My only complaint with the Econolines was once you put a subfloor in to store your ladders, you had to crawl around on your hands and knees to access anything...or even if you didn't have a subfloor, still stooping to operate within it.
I guess that goes for any van.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
So Duncan is going to look like a soccer mom driving around all day...Gotcha..

:wasntme:

When the doorbell rings tonight, be sure to give that burning brown bag a good stomping....smilietease

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Ford Truck Articles