Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Finally got my crewcab!!

Now to go pick it up.

29d9_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0290372146&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
SUUUUUUUHWEET man...When I saw it I thought it said 'Scott' all over it...hence the PM...but you already saw it. Specs? Plans? I know you're gonna keep that tcase lever with the the positions in sharpie...haha. If you don't mind me asking, did you get it for it's opening bid? Glad to see ya got it. Now that means you'll have to get rid of something right?????? And send it my way...haha. I'm seriously jealous.

Last edited:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Really?

I was lookin' at that auction early this afternoon.

Not selling none of the stock Ben, sorry. I do believe the antler shifter was part of the rare CC option package. Nobody knew it but it should fetch an easy K on ebay. I got it for 4750 Ben. I talked to the guy tonite and he said that the other bidder that lost called him as well complaining about not winning it!!

Plans are to do a mild resto on it, similiar to the Bronco. I already got an NOS set of front doors and fenders, a mint black dash pad and a set of mint black XLT crew door panels. Not sure on the color yet but I don't think it will stay brown. It will be a while before I get started on this one though.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sounds good...can't wait for updates and pics.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
NNot sure on the color yet but I don't think it will stay brown. It will be a while before I get started on this one though.

Paint it all silver, then make sure to put your Bronco in the middle when you line all three trucks up. :pimp:

Yea congrats.That looks like a fairley unmolested and TRUE survivor.I'd love to have that trk.Did u have anybody up iin MI go chk it for u ??? Or did it "just feel right".Let us know when u take delivery

masterbeavis

California Chapter member
Heh, one time I got into a bidding war with another member of a board I was on, I was pissed to say the least. Either of us could have purchased the truck (it was a first gen blazer on craigslist) for $500, but he wound up paying $1800 for it because the seller was playing us against each other. Neither one of us was happy to find that out, however I was happier because I didn't overpay for the truck (he paid a tad under fair market value)

Thanks guys. The truck is home. It is as solid as he claimed, a small speck of rust starting on the rear driver door and over the wheel well of the bed but nothing that can't be taken care of. Floorboards, door jambs, drip rails are all solid! There are a few more dents in it that were undisclosed but what are ya gonna do. 375 miles one way I decided to load it up and bring it home. Pics in the future.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good to hear it's almost as good in person as claimed. Geez I feel like a giddy little school girl waiting for updates on this truck...haha. Can't wait to see more pics.

I started ripping the carpet back to check the floorboards and the guy about flipped, Whaddya doin? He says. I told him I'm checking for rust and the carpet is going in the garbage anyhow. You could still see the brown paint on the floorboards underneath.

It's probably a 6 out of 10 condition wise.

Ford Truck Articles