Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Takata airbag inflator recall expanded by 12M vehicles today

blacksnapon

Staff member
I've done several of those and they're not too bad

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
So Vince, speaking of this recall and in consideration of me being in HAH priority group three which places me near last on the list, if I went to my dealer and pressured them a bit might they install at least the passenger side airbag? I'd rather not tell them but the reason is, I'm doing some mods where wiring is added, neat, very sanitary and to the best of my knowledge and thinking ahead before doing, nothing that would inhibit servicing any OEM component like....that airbag. Yet in the name risking not confusing the guy doing the work and me not having to go back in there and inspect afterwards, it wold really be nice to at least get that one done.

Thoughts?

blacksnapon

Staff member
So Vince, speaking of this recall and in consideration of me being in HAH priority group three which places me near last on the list, if I went to my dealer and pressured them a bit might they install at least the passenger side airbag? I'd rather not tell them but the reason is, I'm doing some mods where wiring is added, neat, very sanitary and to the best of my knowledge and thinking ahead before doing, nothing that would inhibit servicing any OEM component like....that airbag. Yet in the name risking not confusing the guy doing the work and me not having to go back in there and inspect afterwards, it wold really be nice to at least get that one done.

Thoughts?
if they've got the parts, its pretty easy

Ford Truck Articles