Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Site requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Due to some recent issues the Administration has asked us to talk a bit about procedures and how FTF handles requests.

As I am sure you are all aware this site was started, built and is maintained by three of the nicest men I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. The being said this is not their only obligation in life. They all have jobs, go to school or otherwise have things that occupy their time. I guess what I am saying is this is not their only priority in life. It is however something they are each proud to have had a part in building and maintaining.

They give care and consideration to each request that comes across their “Desk”. They debate them as owners and sometimes ask input from their moderators and eventually come up with a decision on the request. Some happen very fast while others take some time and extra concern. This especially relates to the discussion of whether or not to allow users under the age of 18 to have access to the lounge. They are three men of varying ages, varying backgrounds, varying experiences who are striving like hell to make this the best site on the internet and a great place for users of all ages to hang out. They balance all that with their beliefs, values, morals and of course legal considerations.

When a decision has been made, it has not been made without taking all the issues into consideration. As much as they try to accommodate the requests that come in as best they can, they are unable to fill every requests for a variety of reasons. They try their best to explain how they came about their decision, knowing some people will not like their decision, hoping users will respect the decision.

When a decision is made and users are unhappy with it AND they decide to take digs at the administration, directly or indirectly, in their posts it becomes distracting. It takes away from the site as a whole. It adds a stench of disgruntled users that is unproductive to the site.

If a user has a suggestion or question regarding the site it should be placed in the “Suggestions and Site Support” forum. A decision will be made as to the request and that will be the end of it. Should the issue need to be brought up again at a later date it will again need to be posted in the “Suggestions and Site Support” forum or the original thread can be re-opened.
Digs and pot shots at the administration in posts all over the forum are no longer going to be tolerated. A progressive discipline schedule will be implemented at the direction of the Administration based on circumstances.

This is in no way meant to keep users from posting questions or ideas. Most of the ideas that have been implemented started out as user requests.

If you have any questions feel free to contact one of the moderators or administrators.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles