Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

'80 to 96' chassis

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
okay everyone, all my other threads, scratch them. i am NOW wondering if i can use a chassis from the same year '92 (to maybe '96 or maybe from '80) reg cab small box bed. i m looking at a neighbors f150 its that same length and year (500 bucks). ALMOST the same color. BUT, its a style bed and what i am wondering is, that do the '92-'96 style f150's share the same chassis as the flare? i want to save a lot of senseless headaches and money and put my flare bed in place of the style since the flares cost a grip. ?

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
The Single Cab Flareside and Single Cab Styleside Short Bed both have a Wheel Base of 116.8",and a box length of 6' 3/4"

The Super Cab Flareside and Styleside Short Bed both have a wheel base 138.8" ,and the same box length of 6' 3/4".

As far as using a different chassis,you are best off finding a 92-96,which I see you have done.The 87-91 trucks have different front frame horns than the 92-96.The same goes for the 80-86 trucks.To use one of these frames,you'll have to make brackets for the front bumper to fit(If you're using a stock bumper).

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
like stated other than having to do some bumper mounts (if putting whole body on )will swap over .

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
thats what i was thinking when i was looking at a 90 f150 im just going to do the bed swap.

If you're just doing a bed swap,you should be fine.As far as I know,there's no difference in the 87-96 Styleside beds.For more fun info,the inner bedsides are the same from 1973-1996.Same with the front bed panel.The only difference between 73-96 is the outer bedsides.

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
correction: when i said i was looking at a 90 f150 i meant a 94 but the bed is a little longer about less than a foot maybe. but im willing to do a lil surgery

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
If you're just doing a bed swap,you should be fine.As far as I know,there's no difference in the 87-96 Styleside beds.For more fun info,the inner bedsides are the same from 1973-1996.Same with the front bed panel.The only difference between 73-96 is the outer bedsides.

but what about the chassis'? i know the broncs are wider that the f series. but do the 80-96 era of the 1/2 all compare in width and compatibility on all reg cab short beds, flare/style. i just want to know the vast choices i have.

Ford Truck Articles