Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

motor mounts

I bought a 79 truck today with a 460 in it....just that its sitting in the engine bay. Appears to be a car engine according to what I know as I can see the exhaust manifolds are near the frame rail.
the engine mounts are missing...however it appears to have been put in with the C6 trans, drive shaft etc. I don't know if this ever ran in this truck since the exhaust are not hooked up, and it has no engine mounts.
my question is this.
how can you tell which engine (frame stands) mounts bottom ones are correct for a 460? what would be part number be if there is one on the stands?
thanks in advance

Get the engine code off the door. Maybe it was a 460 truck stock. If so all you would need is the engine mounts and you could be done.

If not and it was a 351 or 400 truck. And you know that then you can just buy the conversion mounts for the truck and not worry about frame horns for the engine.and be done.

bronco grave yard.com Has them. the ones to convert a 351M to a 460 are $119 bucks.

it was an H code if I remember correctly which if I read it right, is a 351m or 400.
I wonder if the "frame horns" are the same on 351M/400M and 460?

Ok thanks
one of the reasons for me buying this truck was to have the 460 engine, trans and of course those "frame horns" I guess 2 out of 3 aren't bad lol

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
My understanding of those mounts is that they are a drop in for replacing the 351M/400 to a 460.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts