Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

More Early Trivia

what was the first year that Ford trucks cabs were interchangeable between the F-1 right up to the F-4 models?

I know the cabs from '48 on up were interchangeable between F-1 to F-8. I have a cab from a F-8 on my F-2.

Thanks for the welcome.

I am pretty sure the cabs for '41 to '47 were pretty much the same. The smaller trucks and the larger trucks of this vintage had their gas tanks located in different spots, I'm not very fimiliar with the older trucks, but I think the smaller trucks had the tank behind the seat while the bigger trucks had the tanks under the seat. Again, I don't know much about older trucks so I could be completely wrong.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Bob I recognize that little animated gif in your signature. Were you a member of this site before? Or possibly another one?

Bob I recognize that little animated gif in your signature. Were you a member of this site before? Or possibly another one?

I've been posting on the FTE site since it started. I also stop by the Bonus Built site. I just found this site by accident while searching for information on Ford Widow Maker wheels.

I've been working on '48-52 truck for over 20 years, last count I have had 15 or more trucks, mostly parts trucks.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I've been posting on the FTE site since it started. I also stop by the Bonus Built site. I just found this site by accident while searching for information on Ford Widow Maker wheels.

I've been working on '48-52 truck for over 20 years, last count I have had 15 or more trucks, mostly parts trucks.
The major part of all of us here were at one time or another, regulars at the other site. We think we have a more "user friendly" site here. Have a good time and enjoy mixing it up with everyone!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I still post on both. Post on FTE mostly to help other people with their trucks and the occasion problem of my own. Post here mostly to chit chat with good people, but I have solved a few truck problems over here too :D

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
The major part of all of us here were at one time or another, regulars at the other site. We KNOW we have a more "user friendly" site here. Have a good time and enjoy mixing it up with everyone!

......small correction...............

Welcome to FTF!!!!!:nana:

Ford Truck Articles