Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ken!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
put your business name on it and have business insurance on it and it is....

A little more complicated than that, but barring a few conditions......YES!

With equipment, especially equipment that can also be used for personal use like a vehicle AND you're a sole prop, not a corp, personal vs. business use comes into play as to 1) whether or not you can deduct it at all and 2) how much of it you can deduct (rarely 100%).

Once your business has some traction, meaning, it's going to stand the test of time and maybe be a career for you (timing will depend on you, 1 year, 3 years, etc.), we'll need to discuss incorporating.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
A dually? You hauling something or planning on hauling something?

:suspicious:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^looks nice though.....big.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I want something big and in your face. :D I'd love some one on one time with you if your schedule is free.

That said I don't really need the dually... or do I? smilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I want something big and in your face. :D I'd love some one on one time with you if your schedule is free.

That said I don't really need the dually... or do I? smilieFordlogo

Absolutely on the time and the dually! smilieFordlogo

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Just an idea austin, but what about getting an enclosed trailer to haul all of your tools, and as a work area to get out of the elements...
Also have you considered building a jig to hold wheels so you can work on them standing up and to rotate them, i dont mind doing wheels when they are at a comfortable working level. But when they are still mounted and im crouched over... no thanks...

Use the truck to pull the trailer ( This justifies it as a business expense )
Also, i believe that if you have a vehicle for just personal use and your truck is a business tool you can claim more of the truck on your taxes, but ken will be able to tell you more acurately than i could. Also the trailer should be able to be fully claimed as business expense...

I envision a tool box, a few work benches tool storage. A jig for your wheels to do them easier and save your back... A generator and maybe even an air compressor if you would so like... Set up on the trailer would really be up to you. But i think a truck with matching trailer set up driving around is more "professional looking" but that is just my opinion of course...

Now im sure you cold get your whole set up into the bed of your truck. But, with a trailer it legitimizes the need for the truck you posted as well as keeps all of your gear secure and out of the elements..

Ford Truck Articles