Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Inner fenders

Is there any diffrence between 2wd and 4wd inner fenders? I have a buddy that has a good set off of a 2wd truck and I was wondering if they will work on my 4x4. Thanks

I'm pretty sure there is because of the steering box but, I'll check my book to make sure.

Fellro

Staff member
It's been a while, but it seems I had 2wd inners(whole clip actually) from a 78 on my 4x4 75...

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
There is a difference in the drivers side only. A 2wd inner fender will work, but you will have to notch out a small portion to clear the steering box. Doesn't take much so If you can get your hands on a good 2wd set, I'd get em. Here is what a 4wd one looks like. Note the difference by the steering box.

IMG_0681.jpg

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
Last summer, I took apart a '75 that was 4x4 and a saginaw? ps unit that the box was almost touching the core support. I like the ide that the ps box is tucked in under the inner fender, as pictured. The inner fender was cut about a feet from the bottom all the way. I could see the tire from the engine bay. The passenger side was fine. Those inner fenders were the same. But I don't know if he ps or rolling 4x4 chassis was added after to the truck.

That's the problem with junkyard finds. You don't know...

Tyl

Wheres the rest of youre pictures Buck? That looks damn good!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts