Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Daaaaaaaaa F'!!!!!!!!

Michigan
OOOOOk.... Im bout had it with this darned trailer wiring harness.... First of all, after jumping around from me blaming not having brake lights on the wiring harness, therefor cutting some of it up and re wiring crap, then to blaming it on my 6 pin, then me back to the trailer again, then finally relizing it shows what pin is what on my 6 pin cover. I finally figured it out i think. Ok after reading the cover, and having my running lights off, and brake lights on i got power to both RH and LH pins..

So i checked the plug part itself by taking it apart, and checking all the wires. All was good and i even used a brand new plug that was in my fathers truck. Still no brake lights. I checked my ground again and same thing.. Nothing. So anyone got any damn clue whats going on? Could it be the new harness i bought being bad? :hammer: :suspicious: :( :headbang:

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Your working on the truck side right? You can buy a test plug that'll go into the socket and lights up to verify if all ckts work.

Michigan
Where would i be able to buy that at?

Michigan
Ok with those diagrams u mailed me. I didnt check the relay.. Whats the odds of that being bad? Let me explain.

I started off having running lights, id hit the brakes and all the lights would shut off. Then i turn on the turn signals and every light on the trailer would flash... It frustrating lol

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Ok with those diagrams u mailed me. I didnt check the relay.. Whats the odds of that being bad? Let me explain.

I started off having running lights, id hit the brakes and all the lights would shut off. Then i turn on the turn signals and every light on the trailer would flash... It frustrating lol

Sounds like a bad ground to me. Usually what it means when all the lights go crazy..

Michigan
Crazy in flashing uncontrolably? Or just not normal lmao. Ive checked my ground several times and its down to bare metal.

Michigan
OK I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!!!!! Its a tilt trailer... Well there was no ground at the hitch part. So i have to make the wire longer and screw it into the part that tilts.. O and guess what..... Fried my alternator... Musta been when i was messing around with those stupid lights. Im only getting 13.3 volts out of the battery while running YIKES!

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
OK I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!!!!! Its a tilt trailer... Well there was no ground at the hitch part. So i have to make the wire longer and screw it into the part that tilts.. O and guess what..... Fried my alternator... Musta been when i was messing around with those stupid lights. Im only getting 13.3 volts out of the battery while running YIKES!

13.3v is still good. As long as it's not 12v.....

Michigan
Ok thanks man, Bob said i might have drained the battery a ton. Im at school now and il check er out when i get home. Gotta drive it to school tomorrow and id rather not worry about it as well as pay for a new or reman alt. I didnt drive the truck all but 5 miles this whole weekend and ive been messing around with the lights since friday morning. So im sure she was pretty low.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts