Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

code proo88

Need help iam haveing fuel problems with my 6.4 the code says pressure in the fuel rail to high or fuel pressure too high. i only got the worst problem when the fuel tank is full but when it down to half or quarter of a tank truck runs good, replaced low pressure fuel pump and also checked tank this month no restrictions in the tank. the ford tech say it could be the high pressure fuel pump but that also was changed out in 08/2008at 68000 miles my truck now has 148000. it is a work truck all highway miles between texas and louisiana. please help if you can anybody

blacksnapon

Staff member
If you are talking about p0088 (fuel rail/system pressure-too high), This error will be set if the fuel pressure in the rail is too high, and the controller cannot regulate it to the setpoint. Look at the low pressure system, wiring to the vcv and pcv, frp sensor, and the pump.

Last edited:
Code fix

I've been fighting this for 3 months now and fixed it!
1. Remove the EBP sensor cap and clean out carbon buildup with a paperclip, yes a paperclip. Your gas mileage will also improve. Youtube video at
www.powerstrokehelp.com then to 6.4 videos
2. Go to the dealer and ask them to re-map or calibrate your computer, takes maybe 15-20 min. there are updates form Ford and no one else has them sadly. my dealer here in Cabo did it for free.
3. The sensor wasn't stuck in the open or closed position as 2 of the possible fixes
4. I'm replacing my sensor in 2 weeks to eliminate more buildup its only $42

Need help iam haveing fuel problems with my 6.4 the code says pressure in the fuel rail to high or fuel pressure too high. i only got the worst problem when the fuel tank is full but when it down to half or quarter of a tank truck runs good, replaced low pressure fuel pump and also checked tank this month no restrictions in the tank. the ford tech say it could be the high pressure fuel pump but that also was changed out in 08/2008at 68000 miles my truck now has 148000. it is a work truck all highway miles between texas and louisiana. please help if you can anybody

Ford Truck Articles