Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

So what's everyone doing for Thanksgiving?

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Looks like we're having the whole clan over to Chateau Bigfoot for turkey day. what's everyone else doing?

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
HELL YEAH!!! the only reason to live baby, we are going to cook 4 Turkeys ones wonna be deep fried and smoked gilled and oven baked :D not to mention all the fixings!!! and i'm going to be making a bunch of cakes :)

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Going to my Parents like we do always.
I will be making pies and other deserts.
Will deliver full dinners to the less fortunate and elderly people earlier in the day. We normally do this for all the holidays.
Late after Dinner we all go out and shot target to get ready for Deer Season.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'll be making the now 600 mile round trip to my parents house for the 3rd time this month. Usually, it's us kids and grandkids. But the last few years,friends of the kids and guys/families who work for my dad come over.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben consider your self lucky...
I have a 20 hour drive... One way.

Damn...you just about need to start driving now. Where in the hell are you going?

TazDevil07

Go Ahead and Git Some Boy
Probably stuck in the kitchen cooking but hope to escape that weekend for my anniversary!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Probably stuck in the kitchen cooking but hope to escape that weekend for my anniversary!

As long as you don't have to do the dishes and get a little action from a turkey leg, should be a pretty good weekend.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
NOT SURE YET! Usually it's a jog down to Jefferson City to see the grandparents and hang out with the extended family. Mom's side usually has a blood-sugar party (they are all diabetics) and sit around the table seeing who has the lowest blood sugar. Last year I about got my butt beat by canes while I finished my meal and was working on the apple pie and registered a 72 on the blood sugar meter....

Good times.

Ryan

Gunna go to the beach and stay at my aunts. maybe go out and do some crab fishing

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Well for the first time in 21 years I'm not going deer hunting!!!smiliecrybaby

Don't have the funds for it!!!

I'll be going over to my cousins house with the rest of the family!!!

I hate it, but... It's a hell of a lot nicer to me to spend it in the forest giving thanks in my own way!!!

Y'all have a Happy Thanksgiving, and try not to eat too much!!!

Im conditioning as we speak for said grand feast!

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
I spent the weekend getting the house in shape. Holy crap- it's not like it was that far out of shape. Wifey was up on a ladder dusting the top display shelves. You know- the ones over the kitchen cabinets. You get the idea.

Why do we clean like that BEFORE the whole family shows up, since that's the first thing we have to do after they leave?

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Planning on going to my mammaws, like we do every year... it used to just be the family, now people from church/friends/ect show up... I'm expecting 30+people there, but I could be wrong.

I usually stay outside... I'm in there long enough to get a plate of food, and the rest of the time I'm sitting outside trying to escape the noise, the crowd...and yes, the family. :rofl: I do the same thing at Christmas....usually.

Ford Truck Articles