Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Got my Amsoil

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Not quite the shipment Ken bought...but I reckon the MKZ and Edge will be getting an oil change this weekend. This will be the 2nd round of Amsoil for Leena the Hot Rod Lincoln, and the first round for the Edge. Also doing a UOA on the Lincoln, sitting at 10,200 miles since last oil change. Thanks for the hook up Chris.

image282.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Oh...and a special guest appearance by the Turbine rim that Bert sent me, and a cameo by a box full of emblems or hubs...can't remember which.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
once again thanks for your order, i cant wait to see the used oil analysis result.. if you need help setting up the account ill try to help.. cant lie ive been having issues eith mine.. still havent sent my sample in from my truck.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Nice, I'm glad to see you got your order and are helping Chris grow his client base. Let us know how the oil looks after it's been used for 10k and how much oil remains vs. what you put in.

Ryan

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
If you talking about you 68? i think< theres a few things to keep an eye on. Does it currently leak or use any oil? If it leaks the leak may APPEAR to be worse on Synthetic oil. Thats only due to the Synthetic's molecular makeup to be more perfect and flows better and into tighter spaces and will expose cracked gaskets, same with the engine if its burning alot.

at the same time it may reduce burn off because it has a lower NOACK Volatility, which is burnoff of oil at a certain temperature over a period of time.

For older engines, I suggest our Zrod Oil, Its extremely high in Zinc, also has anti-corrosive additives to keep internals from getting a layer of rust etc from condensation buildup.

Benefits of Amsoil in a Nutshell for all vehicles..

Reduced opperating cost over an extended period of time with extended drain intervals, while still providing more protection than a conventional.

Flow rates. they MASSIVELY out flow conventionals in cold weather.

If theres any other questions i can answer them.

If you talking about you 68? i think< theres a few things to keep an eye on. Does it currently leak or use any oil? If it leaks the leak may APPEAR to be worse on Synthetic oil. Thats only due to the Synthetic's molecular makeup to be more perfect and flows better and into tighter spaces and will expose cracked gaskets, same with the engine if its burning alot.

at the same time it may reduce burn off because it has a lower NOACK Volatility, which is burnoff of oil at a certain temperature over a period of time.

For older engines, I suggest our Zrod Oil, Its extremely high in Zinc, also has anti-corrosive additives to keep internals from getting a layer of rust etc from condensation buildup.

Benefits of Amsoil in a Nutshell for all vehicles..

Reduced opperating cost over an extended period of time with extended drain intervals, while still providing more protection than a conventional.

Flow rates. they MASSIVELY out flow conventionals in cold weather.

If theres any other questions i can answer them.

Ok,thnx.

I changed my oil about 2 yrs ago...dont worry,I dont drive it much,an
I monitor it all the time,its only used a half a quart,there is some leakage
at the intake,which Im going to replace that very soon.
The oil is still a lite to medium brown in color.But when I do change
the gasket,I was going to change oil...:)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Quote on ZROD plz??? Red will be firing up for good in a couple weeks...6 qts

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
how many quarts does red hold? and do you want 10w30 (i suggest unless bearings are opened up over stock) or 20w50. we have other weights in high zinc formulas just not ZROD.

Yeah, you recommended 10w30 of the Zrod stuff for my 77 and 79......btw, TODAY, my 06 F150, wifey's Expi, and my 77 all have fresh amzoil and filters in them! Feels pretty good.

Did the flush on the expi and 06 going from petroleum to synthetic and the 77 already had the flush a few years ago, so just fresh oil and 2 new filters.....

79 has to wait as I forgot my 77 required 2 filters and I only ordered 2, so I just ordered another one.

Man, those big engines take a lot of oil......the 77 takes 9+ quarts, but it has the additional filter, and relocation lines, so that's why there.

Ford Truck Articles