Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

November Mo Chapter Check In

blacksnapon

Staff member
Artwork, firewood, home repairs, and work.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I was invited to go deer hunting (rifle season) on the 23rd about 90 minutes north of home. I think I'll take them up on it. Since I already got a doe for meat, I can kind of be picky. Cleaning another doe doesn't sound like a lot of fun, may as well wait for a big old boy to wander out.

Ryan

daddue11

Missouri Chapter member
Sorry I'm late ,I've been hunting with my son in law sat n sun , warm and windy , didn't see even one deer , this was my first ever deer hunt. My son n law is a great guy but I hope I get to at least take a shot at a deer this next weekend .
I'm starting to think that the Mo. deer herds are a great myth , just like the return of the buffalo herds. .

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
my brother and nephew were down around salem hunting this weekend. depending on where you are at the deer can sometimes be scarce, other places they are all over the place.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
It mostly has to do with weather conditions and patterning deer. In my research with game cameras and using online weather archived data, deer WILL NOT move if the wind is above 15mph. Also if it's 60 degrees outside, to a deer, it's equivalent to being outside in a sweater when it's 90 degrees.

This weekend should be calmer and cooler.

Ryan

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
For sure. Open plain deer are less sensitive to wind, and southern deer are less sensitive to heat. I hope there is good harvest this year, because the Blue Tongue has become common on this side of the state.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts