Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

parts needed for ball joint replacement

I have a '94 F150 4wd with a Mile marker manual lock out hubs. I'm having a coworker replace my ball joints (all 4) and I'm asking you guys what parts will he need to buy to replace them. Also which parts are needed to replace the wheel bearings on both axles and also the u joints?

I know I'm asking alot here, but he is coming up with a ridiculously low estimate for parts, and I'm unsure all the parts that are needed. I can do alot of maintenance on the truck but I don't want to tackle ball joints.
Jim

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I'm not familiar with the 4wd set up, so I can't speak to the wheel hubs, but the ball joints probably are "ridiculously low" price if you're just talking parts. Most of that job is a few hours of labor at the shop.

You'll need to choose between greasable or sealed joints. Personally, I'd go with the no-headache, no-maintenance of sealed joints, but the greasable Moog joints are really high quality and very tough provided you remember to grease them every blue moon or so.

Ryan

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
we just did the ball joints on my sons 96 f150 4x4 a couple weeks ago. I think he said the ball joints were like 30 bucks a piece and the wheel bearings was around 25 bucks a side. the axle u-joints were good so we didn't replace them but IIRC they were around $25 when I did them on my old 92

Thanks guys! I watched some youtube videos and figured with all the rust I'd rather not mess with them. He estimates Moog ball joints with the wheel bearings and nuts etc. and Ujoints it'll be $168. and he's charging me 25 bucks an hour labor. The local shop wanted $700 for the whole deal.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts