Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

wondering about price...

i dont think i want to sell my f150 but im always wanting something different. i got an offer of $6000 for my truck yesterday from a car lot thats known for nice jacked up trucks. he said if he saw it (talked to him over phone and email) he could prob go higher. i was wondering if that was about as high as i could get.. heres all the info on it

95 centurion
190,xxx
3" body lift with 31's
body and paint in pretty good shape
interior great just needs a good cleaning, no rips or tears
trailer breaks and shift kit in transmiss

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
For a guy like me who sees a nice truck but when it's all said and done knows it's still just a 150 with 190k on it...I say 6k is extremely fair. However, also knowing that Centurions do in fact command a bit of a premium...I wouldn't expect anything over 8k in any sales situation. Figure this rig will sit on his lot with a 10k price tag, he'll probably sink somewhere south of grand in to it befire it sits on his lot. So he's up to 7k invested in this rig. The next buyer will haggle down to 8500-9k. So that leaves $1500 to keep his doors open...and that's in a perfect world.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Is this truck the one you want?

I'd take the 6k and run, but that's just me. I don't see a centurion in my future. If I got a passenger vehicle it would probably be newer.

Just depends, but the offer is fair.

Ryan

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I would take the $6k. If someone wants it that bad to cough up the money I'd do it. Because I'd find it very hard to buy a truck with 190k miles for that kind of money so you might as well take it while you can.

For a guy like me who sees a nice truck but when it's all said and done knows it's still just a 150 with 190k on it...I say 6k is extremely fair. However, also knowing that Centurions do in fact command a bit of a premium...I wouldn't expect anything over 8k in any sales situation. Figure this rig will sit on his lot with a 10k price tag, he'll probably sink somewhere south of grand in to it befire it sits on his lot. So he's up to 7k invested in this rig. The next buyer will haggle down to 8500-9k. So that leaves $1500 to keep his doors open...and that's in a perfect world.

When we were selling cars there was always some dumb sap with stars in their eye and an itchy wallet.
Also an industry study showed in N.Z that the average person kept their vehicles for less than three years before changing them - this meant for us that they had already accepted a good deal of depreciation and weren't surprised with a low ball offer for their car on a trade situation.
What we found with selling cars (mostly 6k to 12k) was that most of our customers weren't so much concerned with the sticker prices - it was all about the weekly cost of the hire purchase.
As well as the profit on the car we also got a commission on selling the finance , a commission on selling an extended warranty and if i'd stayed in the game the next step would have been brokering vehicle insurance which would have provided an extra commission as well.

Just my .02 worth

As far as accepting 6k goes i guess like the other guys said it all comes down to how much you love the truck and what you want to replace it with.

Cheers Mark

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
When we were selling cars there was always some dumb sap with stars in their eye and an itchy wallet.
Also an industry study showed in N.Z that the average person kept their vehicles for less than three years before changing them - this meant for us that they had already accepted a good deal of depreciation and weren't surprised with a low ball offer for their car on a trade situation.
What we found with selling cars (mostly 6k to 12k) was that most of our customers weren't so much concerned with the sticker prices - it was all about the weekly cost of the hire purchase.
As well as the profit on the car we also got a commission on selling the finance , a commission on selling an extended warranty and if i'd stayed in the game the next step would have been brokering vehicle insurance which would have provided an extra commission as well.

Just my .02 worth

As far as accepting 6k goes i guess like the other guys said it all comes down to how much you love the truck and what you want to replace it with.

Cheers Mark

Interesting- not much different than the biz here. The wordage might be different, but the fundamentals are the same.

Price=>Trade=>Cash Down=>Monthly Payment. That's pretty much the four components of a car deal for most folks, and it's the last two that'll make or break a deal.

re: $6000 for the Centurion. Wish I could give more input on the price, but try to book that thing. Just go ahead and try. On the flip side of that coin, it's hard to compare the truck with others. It's not like there are 50 in town on lots just like it.

Me? The biggest question would be, do I have the replacement driver in sight. Gas prices are settling down a bit, which is helping the used truck market. If they spike up again, you'll have a hard time pulling half that amount for it.

yeah the place is right by a marine base so they sale all the trucks within a few weeks at tops. i dont think i will get anymore from anybody else. he just knows how rare they are but i think if he offered 7k id take it

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I'd take the money and run at 6k for today's market. And take it soon!

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
i dont think i want to sell my f150 but im always wanting something different. i got an offer of $6000 for my truck yesterday from a car lot thats known for nice jacked up trucks. he said if he saw it (talked to him over phone and email) he could prob go higher. i was wondering if that was about as high as i could get.. heres all the info on it

95 centurion
190,xxx
3" body lift with 31's
body and paint in pretty good shape
interior great just needs a good cleaning, no rips or tears
trailer breaks and shift kit in transmiss

thee best thing you could do is actually take it in in person any one can any thing over the phone

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Here where I live these gen truck command a premium any way . Most people that use trucks as truck want them . No offense to newer rides. I can get a 00 or even a 02 for same price as a low miles pre 96

I see rust free Reg cab F150 with 140000 going for $4000 or more . And saw a Centurion With 120000 miles in premo condition got for $9000 in 1 week . Its rare , its cool .

But take it and run cash in hand .

Last edited:
i think im going to keep it for a while. probably try to keep it cause you dont see them everyday. and i also love it. just try to save some money and get something else to drive most of the time

i think im going to keep it for a while. probably try to keep it cause you dont see them everyday. and i also love it. just try to save some money and get something else to drive most of the time

Have a look at Tons truck
http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26396
and maybe you could look at a LPG (propane) kit - thats what i'm currently looking into as the LPG fuel cost out here can be down as low as 1/2 the cost of petrol - the limiting factor is the cost of the conversion and also you can lose up to 20% power depending on how well your conversion has been done.
There are a lot of LPG converted vehicles in Australia due to their Govt offering a $2000.00 subsidy to anyone wanting to convert their vehicle and most of the guys that i have talked to about it over there think that its great especially if you run your vehicle on dedicated LPG as you can tune it a lot better - so much so that there is no appreciable power difference and your mpg is almost then the same.
Some of the aussies have buit motors up with higher compression to take advantage of the greater octane rating (100 octane) of LPG and are reporting good results - any way just a thought as you might find that putting a kit on it may drop your running costs enough to be able to use it as your daily driver.

Cheers Mark

Ford Truck Articles