Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What's your next mod?

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
So what's your next mod going to be?

I have two that I really want to do but they are a little expensive so it will take awhile.

The first will probably be a stereo upgrade. The stock unit works great but I want something better with a few more options.

The second is new wheels. This one will probably be awhile. I figure I'll wait until it's time for new tires and since the ones on it are less than a year old it will be sometime before I'm ready for new ones. I figure if I wait I'll have more options for wheel and tire combo.

Probably have a few smaller mods in between. YelloThumbUp :nana:

....... I figure I'll wait until it's time for new tires and since the ones on it are less than a year old it will be sometime before I'm ready for new ones.
You could expedite the deal if ya let Todd drive it for a while......I'm just trying to help ya there Buddy...YelloThumbUp

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
You could expedite the deal if ya let Todd drive it for a while......I'm just trying to help ya there Buddy...YelloThumbUp
Funny that you said that. I just ordered my new tires and wheels Friday. Wheels came in today, just waiting for the tires. I think I'll go easier on this set. $1089 for just the tires!!!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Well we all know my motor will be the next mod with all the goodies but I am looking to sell my stock tires and wheels and buy my new rims!

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I'd like to add on board air to the 393 in my 94. I used the stock serpentine belts and accesories. I did get rid of the smog pump, so I'm trying to figure a way to mount the york compressor there. I have the parts. I can't find the motivation.:(

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Anyone else doing any mods yet?
Only plan at the moment is to pull the turbo and see what's causing my funky new whine noise. :) Not sure what happend. She was running 100+ and the EGT's, well, the gauge pegs at 2000*. It was a bit higher than that, but not long enough that I thought it would do any major damage, but it's got a weird whine since that day. Stills runs just the same though.

Well...don't know if it qualifies as mods or not.

When I can physially do it and the weather cooperates, I will be putting a power brake booster and master cylinder under the floor of my 56.

A friend is supposed to ship me front and rear sway bars from a B II that I am going to try to adapt to the 56. He and/or another friend are supposed to send me some seat belts to put in (2 shoulder and 1 lap).

I will need a jack. A guy in my truck club has a spare wheel I need (if I can ever get to Springfield). Then I will need a spare tire too.

Eventually, I will get the mirror arms from Tom and find some mirrors too.

Thats probably about it for this summer. I am broke.

Eventually, I will strip the body one panel at a time. I will coat it all with Southern Polyurethane Incorporated's epoxy primer, high build, base, and clear.

I will take donations of parts. Parts is parts! :rolling laugh:

Fellro

Staff member
If the money is ever available, I want to turbo my 86... it already runs strong, but I want more!

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
So what's your next mod going to be?

I have two that I really want to do but they are a little expensive so it will take awhile.

The first will probably be a stereo upgrade. The stock unit works great but I want something better with a few more options.

The second is new wheels. This one will probably be awhile. I figure I'll wait until it's time for new tires and since the ones on it are less than a year old it will be sometime before I'm ready for new ones. I figure if I wait I'll have more options for wheel and tire combo.

Probably have a few smaller mods in between. YelloThumbUp :nana:

I got the two big ones done. Any suggestions on some smaller mods?

Ford Truck Articles