Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

92, f250 project

Yeah checked all the grounds yesterday, anybody have any experience with noid lights? I got them to light up but not very bright?

I just use a led marker lamp as a noid light Andy - anything i've tested with it lights up pretty bright ..... i can't remember if you've swapped out the ecu or not but reading my manual there should be a ground supplied to turn on the fuel pump relay when the key is turned on - in that link i posted earlier there is a diagram that describes the wiring circuit for the fuel pump relay . This will tell you which wire should have this earth on from the ecu.

I know you've bypassed the relay to energise the fuel pumps but i can't help wondering if the ecu is crook ..... i'll test my truck when i get to work shortly and let you know what the voltage is at the injectors.

Have you tried pulling codes from the truck Andy?

This is the 2nd ecu in the truck, yeah there is a ground off one of the ecu wires, can't remember which. We have power to both sides of the injectors when cranking too, it was few weeks ago when tested that but one had 12 volts I'm sure.

Ok, so no change on this and I'm tired of it being in the way so it's going to an auto elec mate next weekend. The pump in the front tank works fine but the rear one doesn't. Anyone know the part number for this pump? Seems to be heaps of different ones.

Ford Truck Articles