Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

It's a new year...

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
So let's start with a check in and see what everyone's been up to in the Northwest.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Still working in the armpit of Montana. Daughter just started her freshman year(at age 20) at University of Idaho. Her brother is in his 3rd year there.

^^^^ ivé seen you posting temperatures on here that make me shiver halfway across the world ....... if you are able to deliver/sell ice in those temps you really should consider a more sales based career smilietease smilietease

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Meh, I can't stand the general public on average. Hence the reason I want to start my own steel fence/welding business; just enough people contact but I will be working on my own..

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Meh, I can't stand the general public on average. Hence the reason I want to start my own steel fence/welding business; just enough people contact but I will be working on my own..

Our neighbor's son-in-law has done VERY well supplying steel fence panels to drilling companies in Montana / North Dakota.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Still in western nd/eastern mt doing construction. Lots of work, and you get used to the weather after a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
^^^^ ivé seen you posting temperatures on here that make me shiver halfway across the world ....... if you are able to deliver/sell ice in those temps you really should consider a more sales based career smilietease smilietease

Another note, my dad used to be in the used car biz and we all know how those used car sales men are :wasntme: so sales is kinda in my blood as well. :D

polarbear

Boring, Oregon
Jenny had a mishap with the Camry on the Santiam Hwy coming back from Bend, so we've been wrangling with the insurance company over that. Mackie the wonder dog brings us more joy every day, although I now know where he got those muscles in his back legs from. He can jump about 3-4 ft. straight up in the air to give you a lick on the face. All 70+ lbs. worth. :rofl:

As per usual, work's been keeping us super busy.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Hope she is okay. That can be a nasty drive in the wintertime up over the Cascades. Is that still a logging area?

polarbear

Boring, Oregon
Some of it. Mishap happened because roads were clear, I think. She came around a corner and hit a patch of black ice. A BIG patch. I understand how this can happen- catches you unawares. If you're driving on packed snow, you know the road conditions and drive accordingly. This just threw her a curve ball. Fortunately, no one hurt. Camry can't say the same though. I'm thinking a 2000 or newer Taurus would be a great replacement.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Black ice can get the best of drivers. I can remember the one time it caught me off guard, same deal too, clear roads driving five under and in the blink of an eye was across both lanes. Luckily no traffic and I was able to correct it.

^^^ I've had a few "pucker" moments myself when driving down south in the winter like that ....... come round a corner at a moderate speed and whammo full 360 and carry on thanking your lucky stars.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Haha! I forgot all about that! It involved daylight under all four tires...

Ford Truck Articles