Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Vsm not programing

I recently had an issue with radio staying on after you open door also no door ajar light coming on and key fobs not working. This was all like this when I purchased truck few months ago but found out it is bad vsm. Bought a used one and I went to dealer to get it programed turned out the original one still works but is not communicating with the truck. I am not confident in the tech. But he then said he could not find a build sheet that would work so he would have to try a bunch of different ones.He said he was not positive it would work and didn't know how long it would take. So I took it home. I don't know if I should take it to another dealer or what.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Did the dealer service department happen to scan for codes, and not the OBDII codes that ALL makes of 1996 and newer vehicles have and share as are not really of concern here but rather, the codes (aka, DTC's) proprietary to Ford? This because, checking for these DTC's has the possibility of flagging a bad module or other components in the circuits serviced by it and they won't turn that check engine light or ABS light on either.

If they checked for DTC's and if they found anything, what are they? And FWIW, these codes take a high end scanner or FORSCAN to pull, something that Autozone, etc wont have.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles