Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Superduties & Other Trucks > Bronco

Bronco Full Size Bronco Discussion

Old 09-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute

2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."

Last edited by taxreliever; 09-11-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2012, 08:25 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxreliever View Post
What are you talking about Duncan? The wire nuts? In order to disconnect the electric motor, you have to cut the three wires connected to the speed sensor (which you won't need anymore - thus no electric motor), so instead of having 3 wires just dangling, he provides these to cover them in case you want to resplice them and hook up another motor down the road or something, to avoid them getting corrosion and what not.
Ahhh...my mistake...however, a much better solution would be just a piece of heat shrink with a sealant over the ends of the wire. Those connectors will not provide any corrosion resistance at all.
If you go the heat shrink route, you slide about 1''-1.5'' ove the wire and leave about 1/2'' over the end...then when you heat it up, you take a pair of pliers and squeeze the end of the shrink that is not on the wire...that will ensure that moisture doesn't propogate down the wire.
Quote:
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
There are afew guys over on the explorer forum that made a manual shifter that can be shifted from in the cab. Some use flex shafts others used a 90 drill Chuck to get the rods into the cab.
Now that I might be interested in and would love to see...probably similar to the Shiftster 2 coming out....but even this one does everything I need it to do. I will be in 4H a half dozen times this winter and will probably only put a couple hundred miles on my Bronco all winter. BTW, the Tcase is close enough where I can literally pull the plunger and shift it without even putting my knee on the ground.

Randy, is that thread, or part, in the other forum easy for you to send me? Just out of curiosity.
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."
Old 09-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Licensed to Represent!

Quote:
There are afew guys over on the explorer forum that made a manual shifter that can be shifted from in the cab. Some use flex shafts others used a 90 drill Chuck to get the rods into the cab.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFXDLI View Post
Ahhh...my mistake...however, a much better solution would be just a piece of heat shrink with a sealant over the ends of the wire. Those connectors will not provide any corrosion resistance at all.
If you go the heat shrink route, you slide about 1''-1.5'' ove the wire and leave about 1/2'' over the end...then when you heat it up, you take a pair of pliers and squeeze the end of the shrink that is not on the wire...that will ensure that moisture doesn't propogate down the wire.
Ahhh...yeah, that does sound far better....in that little 8 minute (6 minutes too long - but not for someone like me) video, he mentions that if you want to put electrical tape to help, you can. But the heat shrink idea sounds better. I'm not sure I'll ever want or need to put the motor on there again.
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 08:32 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
I'll send you the link tomorrow.its on my PC I'm on my phone now. If I forget shoot me a pm.
Randy
Old 09-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Licensed to Represent!

So if you see the black notch and the 4H mark, the hole to the left, which is less than 1.5 inches is how much you'd need to turn it to get to 2H. The 4L hole is way on the other side, about a 300 degree twist from that first hole to the left, which I doubt I'll ever need. I don't go wheeling or mudding or work with my trucks...that's what my POS Dodge is for.
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 08:35 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Electrical tape won't help either...what happens is that moisture will creep down the wire between the copper strands and insulation...eventually corroding the wire for a long way rendering it useless...battery cables are good for doing this.
Even though you might not ever anticipate using that motor again , one day you might sell it and it's always a bonus to be able to put it back to factory easily.
If you do heat shrink it, you need to get the stuff with sealant and a 3:1 shrink ratio works well.
Quote:
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:

Old 09-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Licensed to Represent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFXDLI View Post
Electrical tape won't help either...what happens is that moisture will creep down the wire between the copper strands and insulation...eventually corroding the wire for a long way rendering it useless...battery cables are good for doing this.
Even though you might not ever anticipate using that motor again , one day you might sell it and it's always a bonus to be able to put it back to factory easily.
If you do heat shrink it, you need to get the stuff with sealant and a 3:1 shrink ratio works well.
Duncan, the thought of selling it, was really the ONLY thought that came to my mind that might cause me to reinstall this thing. Someone already offered me a few bucks for the motor, which is still running, but I think for the few bucks I'll get for it, I'll just throw it in a Bronco box and put it in my garage.
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 08:41 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

I didn't mean the motor...I meant the Bronco
Quote:
Quote:

Old 09-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Licensed to Represent!

Quote:
I'll send you the link tomorrow.its on my PC I'm on my phone now. If I forget shoot me a pm.
Thanks Randy....hey I've been going through the music and I think it's going to take me months to even listen to it all just once.....I'm only on disk 3 and have been sorting some of my favs to copy for my rides.....THANKS AGAIN!!!
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote: