Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Limited Slip

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Can anybody tell me if Ford ever put a LSD in the Sterling 10.25 and if so what was it called, i.e Trac Lok...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Can anybody tell me if Ford ever put a LSD in the Sterling 10.25 and if so what was it called, i.e Trac Lok...

There is one in our 2005 350 which is the 10.25 I think....and I believe it was referred to as "limited slip" on the option sheet.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES
eric, yes they did, and yes it was a trac-loc. if you need one let me know. my friend has a brand new one from ford in a box.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Well if it does have one there look for an L in the ratio. I cant remember if the L is after the numbers like this 4.10L or in the middle like this 4L.10.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
The truck I got my interior from had the Trac-Loc in the rear axle according to the sticker on the glovebox door. I couldn't tell you what rear axle it was though.

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES
I've never seen a piece of Ford literature that mentions the word Trac-Loc.

probably because it's a dana/spicer design. ford used two of their designs of limited slips. the trac-lok, nothing too special, and the power-lok, very strong with way more lockup than a track-lok, damn near as good as an actual locker.

Ford Truck Articles