Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1986 f150 302 efi emissions

I have a 86 F15o with the 302 EFI engine. Lots of miles but it runs pretty well.
A few things to sort out. It looks like the pcv valve is under the rear of the efi manifold on the rt rear valve cover. Where does it connect? The temperature
Gage does not work and when cold the engine races or stalls, It is ok when warm. This is my first post any help would be great. thanks.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
first i would like to welcome you to FTF!!!!

ok... now your questions.. the PVC connects through a vacuum hose to a port on the upper intake..

pic for reference... the red arrow points to the hose and how it connects, yours will be basically the same, the vacuum tips change position (front, back) over the years.. but same concept.

SAM_1147-1.jpg

and for the cold running issue. have you pulled codes? if not that might help, you can do it 2 different ways, go to Fordfuelinjection.com and learn how to pull codes on a OBD-I ford with a paper clip or go to your local O'reilly's or the like and buy a Ford OBD-I code reader like mine..
that will start you in the general direction if it is throwing a code...

bottom right hand (yellow and black piece) is the code reader...

SAM_1338.jpg

1986 F150 stalls out when cold, Where does the pvc go

Thanks so much for the help. The ck engine light did not show a problem, and I did not know where to start. Thanks again! hootmmc

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts