Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Electric fan inquiry in this area also...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
LOL, no the Tim Allen theory would be:

"Okay well the fan is only designed to pull 4000 cfm at 40amps from the factory, so I went ahead and threw in a 2 hp Briggs and Stratton so this baby will crank out 40,000cfm on the low speed. Lets fire her up."

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
let's say I found a dual fan setup out of a 3.8L in a ford windstar. Likely to work?

Ryan

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
LOL, no the Tim Allen theory would be:

"Okay well the fan is only designed to pull 4000 cfm at 40amps from the factory, so I went ahead and threw in a 2 hp Briggs and Stratton so this baby will crank out 40,000cfm on the low speed. Lets fire her up."
WRONG!! It would be a Binford 5000 engine. ROFLMAO

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
R to give you an idea i am going with dual 16" fans on my truck

UGH! I hated electronics in college. Yes...I can read that drawing, but I don't want to. :nana:

That and history were my worst subjects. Mostly because I didn't like either one. :rofl:

I respect those who like electrical and electronics, but I have no idea how you understand it all. [confused]

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
UGH! I hated electronics in college. Yes...I can read that drawing, but I don't want to. :nana:

That and history were my worst subjects. Mostly because I didn't like either one. :rofl:

I respect those who like electrical and electronics, but I have no idea how you understand it all. [confused]
Just one more reason why I'm better than you Brian :rofl:

Just one more reason why I'm better than you Brian :rofl:

Yep. My best friend is an electronics engineer. She teases me too. :headbang:

Then again...she cannot do what I do with the software and rapid prototyping. YelloThumbUp

Everyone has their own skills. They just have to find them.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I'm actually not an electrical engineer, although I do enjoy it. My study at school is Computer Science and Engineering, although I'm in the early stages.

I'm actually not an electrical engineer, although I do enjoy it. My study at school is Computer Science and Engineering, although I'm in the early stages.

If you say so.

I am just an unedumacated arkie. :rofl:

So its sort of like..yesterday I couldn't spell enjinear and today I are one? [confused]

Last edited:

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I used to own a Video Arcade, so like everything else I've owned, I wanted to be able to do it all. I started learning how to diagnose and repair problems from the man that did it before I owned it. He taught me alot about electronics that I didn't learn from High School. My favorite of which was, "To be good at electronics, you have to start with an IQ 2 points below a rock, because nothing makes sense!"

So, from what I've been able to tell on here, Chris has the perfect start! :nana:

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
I'm actually not an electrical engineer, although I do enjoy it.

I'm actually not one either, but I DID stay at a Holliday Inn Express last night:rolling laugh:

Gunner

...........because nothing makes sense!".........

That and the fact that I can't see it. :nono:

The technical classes where I could see something or do something with my hands...I made excellent grades in.

Robotics, CNC, even PLCs (because they did something if you programmed them correctly). I did pretty good in physics even, but we did tons of experiments (actually doing something).

I don't know if the fact that I was deaf at the time had anything to do with it or not...I doubt it, but it probably didn't help.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts