Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Engines > V6/I6 Ford Gasoline Engines

Old 10-03-2012, 10:00 PM
jagj52

jagj52 is on a distinguished road
4.9l 300 I6 heads

Hello to all,

Just registered today and I hope that I am in the right section for this... I am rebuilding my 4.9l 300 I6 and am looking for a new top end. Was wondering if anyone knew where i can find, if available, a complete and assembled roller head for my engine. If no roller top end is available, where can I find a good rebuilt complete head assembly.

Thanks Guys,

Allen
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2012, 11:06 PM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
What's wrong with your head?

as long as it's not cracked, just rebuild, or have it rebuilt.
A little porting and polishing will wake it right up.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Redneck Prognosticator

O'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't heard much about aftermarket heads, but I've heard of guys doing a porting job on the stock heads to really increase airflow. I bet you'll have a lot more luck with an upgraded cam, though!

Ryan
Old 10-08-2012, 04:06 PM
jagj52

jagj52 is on a distinguished road
Nothing is "wrong" with the head that I know of. My guess as to what needs to be done while I have the engine tore down is at the minimum a valve job. What I planned on doing was ordering the rebuild kit from RPM Machine and have them include a RV cam with the kit. In my question I was inquiring about a roller rocker setup for the head since I cannot seem to find one for my application and was looking for some help in finding one. The master rebuilt kit from RPM is about $300 plus and additional $40 for the RV cam, so not too bad. Anyway, I appreciate the help guys and keep em rolling!!!!

Allen