Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Engines > V6/I6 Ford Gasoline Engines

Old 11-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Tin bender

tinman52 is a jewel in the roughtinman52 is a jewel in the roughtinman52 is a jewel in the rough
300 rear sump oil pan

Hey guys, I need a lesson on oil pans........

My current project is trying to stuff a 300 six into my '51 Ford cabover truck. Problem is the chassis is brand "X", so I got that huge cross member in the way.
Sooooo, I need to find a rear sump oil pan......I think they exist, but what vehicle did they come in? Local junkyards may have one if I can nail down the model and year. And maybe a pic or link for a visual? Thanks ....
Old 11-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Ranger Lariat

Fordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman52 View Post
Hey guys, I need a lesson on oil pans........

My current project is trying to stuff a 300 six into my '51 Ford cabover truck. Problem is the chassis is brand "X", so I got that huge cross member in the way.
Sooooo, I need to find a rear sump oil pan......I think they exist, but what vehicle did they come in? Local junkyards may have one if I can nail down the model and year. And maybe a pic or link for a visual? Thanks ....
1980+ all had rear sump oil pans. Here's a picture of my old 300. You can see a little bit of the pan.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:40 PM
Tin bender

tinman52 is a jewel in the roughtinman52 is a jewel in the roughtinman52 is a jewel in the rough
Shaun, thanks for the pic.........that style should work.
From what i have read, the '80-'82 motors have the dipstick in the pan and the later motors had it in the block. Sound right?
Since my 300 is a '77 (mid sump) I would need the pan mounted dipstick I guess...