Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Question For Polar Bear

Ernie,
On another site a poster claims he bought a 57,xxx dollar 2008 King Ranch from Tommie Vaughn Ford in Houston Texas for an out the door price of 37,xxx dollars. My thought was bs flag.................until I saw on another site where a poster claimed he was buying one for 19,000 dollars under MSRP from a dealer in Texas and then proceeded to post an ad that showed Tommie Vaughn Ford selling Super Duties for 20,000 under MSRP. I went on Ford Vehicles website and searched out Tommie Vaughn's F250 inventory and found 15 pages (12 to a page) of F250's, 2 pages of them King Ranch's. F350's produced another half a dozen pages IIRC.... I know there's a lot of incentives with employee pricing and such, but my salesman here at home says there's not that much. How are they doing this?

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Damn good question. One thing to rmember- Texas always gets more regional incentives than the rest of the Nation. That sounds on the high side though- wonder if that discount is against MSRP or "dealer adjusted price."

Holy crap, that's a lot of floorplan. At roughly 6% interest and an average invoice of around $40ish.... wowsa!

Tom, if he was going under, there's no reason to lose money on a deal since Ford'll own them after all the dust settles. Being greedy car dealers, we try to keep our losses to a minimum.:)

Last edited:
Unless you know they are coming to take you away ANYWAY, lol

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Unless you know they are coming to take you away ANYWAY, lol

Good point. I still can't believe that dealer's inventory. I've whittled the Tahoes/Suburbans down to about 26 units combined, but at the current rate of sale 5-10 would be the right number. 43 pickups in stock though, and that's waaay too much. Not long ago, I'd be in panic mode if I got down to 40 pickups on the ground (two good weekends would wipe you out of inventory). Now, it's a six month supply.

Look for some truly ugly sales figures for July, BTW. Much worse than the June #'s.

I went on Ford Vehicles today and checked his inventory. As of today there was 1 truck short of 7 full pages of F250's, less than one page of 350's, and 14 pages of 150's! He's moving them...

blacksnapon

Staff member
Our dealer principal has a source somewhere down there that buys every 2 wheel drive pickup that we can get to him. I guess theres a market there that isn't anywhere else.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts