Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

79 250 Upgrades

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Hell Ya!!!!!!!!!! you can soooo see the difference! Ken, the new stance looks hot!! man that looks good, the rear leafs were a great investment.

smilieFordlogo :beer:

Absolutely....I am totally thrilled with the new stance......the pictures don't do it justice!!!

About 8 hours total labor and $172 in parts delivered!

Fat Bob's Garage online tech people were fabulous and completely professional/top notch; guaranteed a lift of 1.5-3 and I got 4+!!!

SUPER, SUPER, SUPER HAPPY!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I'm not sure if you fellas noticed, but while the wheels and springs were off, I cleaned up a lot of the surface rust on the drums and springs with eastwoods rust converter......man, that's stuff is like magic!

I'll have to get some before and after pics of the springs before and after also!

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
that jumped out at me too since I'm a little OCD in the clean department. Keep going back and looking at the difference, it really did sit low in the back, like you were carry something in the bed. 4" is a huge change! Your truck looks so aggressive in a really good way. Now on to engine details...:)

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
That made a huge difference in stance. Nice.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Huge huge huge difference...looks a bazillion times better now, and I didn't know that was possible.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Thanks fellas. ..SUPER PSYCHED!

GREAT BEFORE AND AFTER.....I've been using it for tooling around town.

BEFORE:
20130820_081049_zpsbc8a80fe.jpg

AFTER:
20130908_142426_zpsc7a5f544.jpg

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ken, it looks fabulous now. More like how it's supposed to stand. The PO must not have lifted the rear.

The mechanic and I figured out what might have happened....there is a 1 inch block in the front and from what we've talked about, inserted blocks shouldn't go in the front just because of how much more movement the front gets than the back.....not sure how much truth there is to that, but makes sense to me....anyways, I think the PO was dead set on those wheels and tires and bought them before the build was complete and they lost a lot of turning radius and instead of lifting both front and back, they added the one inch block to lift the front a tad....just a guess, but am glad it's right right now!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That looks way better!

Manimal

California Chapter member
Man, that is one GORGEOUS truck.....When my truck grows up, I want it to be JUST LIKE YOURS!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I never understood why some want to lower a truck.

Certainly goes against the whole ideaof what a truck was built for but many moons ago when I was in HS, I was told by some truck low rider friends that the small 4 and 6 cylinder 90's pick ups like the s10s and rangers were super cheap and the suspension easier to work on.

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I've never been to up on the idea of lowering any truck, but I have seen some 2wd trucks look pretty dang cool lowered. I'd never do it, but there are some that do look good.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I've never been to up on the idea of lowering any truck, but I have seen some 2wd trucks look pretty dang cool lowered. I'd never do it, but there are some that do look good.

That and regardless of preference, you have to respect their craftsmanship and body of work as it still requires a lot of wrenching and fabricating.

Ford Truck Articles