Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Finally got my crewcab!!

Great job on the truck, Scott. Can't wait to see it with the new tires/wheels. IMO, the tires/wheels are the icing on the cake :)

Dennis can you email me a copy of that so I can print it out please, [email protected].

:headbang:

I figured I would roll the bedliner on because a lot of guys have asked about wether or not it was able to be rolled.

What I found is the pot life is just what Al's states, 20 minutes and not much more. Only mix what you are going to be able to use within that 20 minutes or you will end up throwing a half gallon out like I did.

Within the first 5 minutes the product is very thin and does not provide a lot of coverage. After that 5 minute setup it really starts to lay on and cover up. I was able to do 2 coats within minutes over the top of each other without a problem and coverage was great.

I was only able to get about 3/4 of the bed done before my mix had hardened up. On my second try I only mixed a half gallon to finish what I had left to do. Total use was only 1 gallon of product to put down 2 coats on the inside of the bed and the inside if the tailgate.

One other big question I've been getting is color availability. I did not use the black tint supplied by Al's. I instead added some left over color from when I painted the truck. It is a near perfect match as seen in one of the pictures. Al's can be color matched to any factory color you have.

On with the pictures.

This is how it started out after cleaning everything out of it.
dsc04004.jpg

dsc04005.jpg

dsc04006.jpg

After a good 2 hours of grinding, all that is needed to get the liner to adhere.

dsc04007.jpg

dsc04008.jpg

dsc04009.jpg

All taped up. The plastic is needed to keep the overspray of the primer off the paint of the truck.

dsc04010.jpg

End result.

dsc04011.jpg

dsc04012.jpg

dsc04013.jpg

Color match is excellent.
dsc04014.jpg

So overall I am very happy with the final outcome and won't hesitate to use it again in the future. I had about a total of 5 hours wrapped up in it today from start to finish.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Wow that looks great!

LOL, well I didn't have any left over paint cups so I cut the top off a Pepsi can, washed it out and walla, I had a new paint cup. I added 2 cans of Pepsi per gallon of product. Thanks Mark.

Wow that looks great!

Thanks Sean.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hot damn...that looks amazing. Very impressed how well the color mixing went.

Ford Truck Articles