Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Total nubies fell into an F1 rabbit hole

Somehow the wife and I (no drinking involved) bought a 1950 F1 on a lark.

She wanted something vintage to play with....besides me. We needed the buy in to be very low. After a couple hours of discussing and web browsing we were in a parking lot waiting for a kid with a truck for sale.

It needed to run and stop and cost little. So a few grand later - low price for San Diego... folks from other areas with some savy would prob have spent hundreds, or more likely just took a pass.

I haven't wrenched on a anything old (spend spare time tweaking a modern Indian) for many years.

Anyway, while waiting to see the truck, the wife began to realize a manual trans would be a challenge for her to drive. ...gave her a 'what were you expecting' talk and said we could do a conversion.

Well turns out it was converted some 30 years ago to 327, powerglide, rachet shifter ...total hotrod from back in the day.

Bought it. It's a total mess. Rusted through and through. And leaking from everywhere.

Plan:

-Replace everything
-Not worried about staying original
-Whatever works and returns some good fun

fb7e9a5bfd5e0706b6500cc37e4d51bb.jpg
0b022ad88747b970de52b085d99de0db.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's going to be a lot of fun for you and your wife to build up ...... nice when you don't have to worry about originality too.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts