Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Seat Covers for the '78

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
DSCF2176.JPG

Got these for Father's Day. Ordered from seatcovers.net. They are two piece, and even though they are universal fit, they are ordered specifically for your vehicle and then made for that vehicle. They have 3/8" foam backing.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Looks good!!! A little psychedelic at first glance....but looks good!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Looks good!!! A little psychedelic at first glance....but looks good!

Thank You, Ken. That is a diamond pattern. I didn't get to pick the color, but my but says AAAHHH, and that's what counts.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Looks good.

I just took a look at their website, they have some nice stuff.

Is it a full cover on the back too?

Thank You. The back of the seat is black foam, if that is what you're asking?

Thank You. The back of the seat is black foam, if that is what you're asking?

Not the back side of the cover, but does it fully cover the back portion of the seat. When you tilt your seat forward, what does it look like? I'm sure it's probably the black stretchy type of material on the back.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Not the back side of the cover, but does it fully cover the back portion of the seat. When you tilt your seat forward, what does it look like? I'm sure it's probably the black stretchy type of material on the back.

That is correct.

pretty nice

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That looks super comfy...and a little trippy.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Drove 120 miles today, and they WERE comfy. I have to keep my eyes on the road so I don't have a flashback.

That's funny Doug....that's what I was talking about! smilietease

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
smsautofabrics.com (located in Canby OR) has the original upholstery material for most 1960 and newer cars/trucks.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I see the diamond pattern on your door panels. That, combined with the new seat cover, with all the padding must make for a quieter ride also?...

congrats! :)
Dak

Thanks. It actually does make a little bit of a difference. I've never been one for loud exhaust, but it does seem quieter. Either that or I'm getting deafer. :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Thanks. It actually does make a little bit of a difference. I've never been one for loud exhaust, but it does seem quieter. Either that or I'm getting deafer. :)

What did you say? smilietease

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
smsautofabrics.com (located in Canby OR) has the original upholstery material for most 1960 and newer cars/trucks.

Thank You, Bill. I've looked at them before, but they are kinda spendy, especially for a daily driver.

Ford Truck Articles