Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Door hinge prop help.

Hinge springs ........I have 2 green ones and 2 blue ones

The springs are removable and installed with a good set of vice-grips

Last edited:
I used nylon straps to hange the truck door from the cieling in the garage. Possibly the track from the overhead door. One hinge at a time. Sometimes the hinges for the left or right doors are the same, they're just inverted. Not sure about the bumps.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
^^^Sounds much better then the way I had to remove a set from the junkyard by myself last time LOL

I used nylon straps to hange the truck door from the cieling in the garage. Possibly the track from the overhead door. One hinge at a time. Sometimes the hinges for the left or right doors are the same, they're just inverted. Not sure about the bumps.

I use a floor jack with 30" length of 2x4 to hold the door up.
You can move it up-down, in-out

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I can get good hinges for less then $50 :rolling laugh: Give me some time because it isn't gonna happen soon especially with the above 100 degree temps rolling in :rofl2:

Can't imagine the heat in these yards down south trying to pull stuff off these rigs.....

This is for my dent believe it or not. Not sure about the hinge, but it looks like the spring is identical.

^^^Sounds much better then the way I had to remove a set from the junkyard by myself last time LOL

Can't picture how you would do this....smilietease

I use a floor jack with 30" length of 2x4 to hold the door up.
You can move it up-down, in-out

This is a great idea also......

I would suggest replacing the complete hinge if you can get one that cheap.
I did that originally back in the 90's

Usually the driver's door hinges wear out within 15 years of regular use so the pin is probably almost toast as well.

Hardball

77 F100 400 2V C6
Oregon
My 77 F100 left door hinge spring is broken for some years now. It's been on my list to replace, but you guys are making me worry. More in an EGR thread.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts