Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Welcome UTfball68!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sweet, my own thread. Let me start by saying, it's great to be here. Been a member here for a while, never posted anything, but have been pretty active in the last 3 days. I came from the other site and think I've found a new home here on FTF, where I'll be appreciated. A little info on me, I'm 22 and go to school and play ball at UT, and now am trying to wrap up my Accounting and Finance degrees. My grandfather was a Ford master mechanic, so naturally the Blue Oval was transcended to me. I do all my own work except paint. My father and I completely restored the red truck in my sig after I rolled it and hit a phone pole after I was hit by a drunk driver head on. Beyond that, just a real relaxed laid back country boy. You need/want to know anything else about me...leave it in a thread, PM me, whatever.

Last edited:

Paco

Tennessee Chapter member
Welcome! glad to have ya. Wow, yall sure did an aweswome job on the red truck seeing as how it was rolled!:eek:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks man...appreciate it, I guess I should rephrase, it wasn't really rolled, more laid up on it's side, slid about 100ft and came to a stop courtesy a telephone poll.

Tyler's gonna get jacked at me for posting in here, but he'll just have to get over it.:slap: .....Ben, ya got any pictures of the reconstruction of your truck as you brought her back from the dead?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben, ya got any pictures of the reconstruction of your truck as you brought her back from the dead?

Not really...that was before I had a camera. I have a few pics after we got the axle back under...lemme dig some and see if I can find any. The result of the crash was, passenger said was totally wasted, right side was relatively fine. The bed was trashed because the phone pole caught it right in the middle. The front axle was torn out from under the truck. So yeah, it was pretty gnarly crash. It happened right after I got out of school, I got out of the parking lot, got up to speed, then before I could react, the guy swerved right in front of me, I basically launched the truck, landed on it's side, slid 100 feet and then caught the phone pole. It was a good thing the phone poll caught the truck because, the middle school (which is across the street) had a gym class out in kickball field, and about 200ft past the pole were about 60 7th graders. The guy was uninsured, and all I had was liability, so my dad suggested we rebuild the truck, and we did.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I'ma have to agree with these guys there (did I really just say that?) I'd like to see some pictures of that to...

Paco

Tennessee Chapter member
Sheesh! that could have ended alot worse than it did then!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Here's a couple pics focusing on the cab and how the axle looks:

RedWrecked2cropped.jpg

RedWrecked4cropped.jpg

RedWreckedcropped.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks for the Welcome guys...and those pics really don't look that bad. You shoulda seen it when it still had wood from the pole wedged in it, up close and in person road rash, and the sickest part was when the front D60 was laying about 50ft away from it. But it wasn't nothing $18k in parts and a $7k paint job couldn't fix.

Last edited:

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Thanks for the Welcome guys...and those pics really don't look that bad. You shoulda seen it when it still had wood from the pole wedged in it, up close and in person road rash, and the sickest part was when the front D60 was laying about 50ft away from it. But it wasn't nothing $25k in parts and a $7k paint job couldn't fix.

I was just kiddin with ya...I could tell it was pretty bad.

You can tell you have alot of time and money, invested in the truck.And It's definitely somthing to be proud of!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah Tyler...I knew you were just kidding. Looking back at it now, the damage wasn't too terribly bad, it was more traumatic that the vehicle I loved was wrecked, thought my dad would kill me, and I had no clue at the time how to put it back together.

Expyman...you caught one of my typo's...overall cost for the restore was roughly $25k, so it was more like 18K in parts and 7k in paint.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
25K! dear lord...

Yeah, and that doesn't include panel replacement or repainting for when I've been stupid. I bet I've spent another 5-10k since the original restore. But I've grown up, and now Red just sees parades, shows and parking lots.

Ford Truck Articles