Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Drag Racing

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
So, ah, on road forum. Would this be a good spot to talk about DRAG RACING? :) Not that I like that kinda thing.

Fellro

Staff member
Well, technically, not supposed to be on the road... but don't feel alone, it is my favorite racing venue...

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Well, technically, not supposed to be on the road... but don't feel alone, it is my favorite racing venue...
But it can't be considered "Off Road" either, so here's where I thought it should be. Key word being, thought. lol

That was your first mistake. You were thinking.
lol_hitting.gif
thwack.gif

Personally, drag racing is on a legal track made of blacktop. Roads are blacktop, so.....seems reasonable to me. I guess the administration will correct us if we are wrong.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
That was your first mistake. You were thinking.
At least I wasn't OVER-thinking like some on here do. :cooldude:
Personally, drag racing is on a legal track made of blacktop. Roads are blacktop, so.....seems reasonable to me. I guess the administration will correct us if we are wrong.
But that legal track also has timing lights and a Christmas Tree. :) I can get my Christmas Tree out of the basement, but I don't have any timing lights. :(

BTW- I do my racing legally on a legit track. Ok, so far at least. :rofl:

Fellro

Staff member
That you're willing to admit to... :nono: :bs: :rofl:

tcbofade

Charter Member
....I guess the administration will correct us if we are wrong.

The administration around here can't spell....6L is now a "sophmore user" :guns:

As for Todd "thinking", he's been trying awful hard lately...or he's been awfully trying lately...I get those two confused.:rofl:

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
The administration around here can't spell....6L is now a "sophmore user" :guns:
In case you are just now noticing, Ryan's never been a speller. :) But he's still a great guy!

As for Todd "thinking", he's been trying awful hard lately...or he's been awfully trying lately...I get those two confused.:rofl:
DAMNED DRUNKS!!

Fellro

Staff member
Ok, well, not for money. How's that??
Seems more likely... not that I would know anything about doing things like that either...:)

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Seems more likely... not that I would know anything about doing things like that either...:)
Actually, I'm not REALLY racing it. I'm just testing different tune files. Yeah, that's the ticket.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Another one of those "key words". That is about what the officer said when he stopped you...right? Here is the ticket. :wavey:
Funny thing. In the past 8 years I've been stopped at least 10 times and no ticket. :acclaim: Boy can I talk!!:blah: Well, that and some stickers on the back of support that I give. :wavey:

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
This would be the place, but we do not want to promote illegal drag racing.
I didn't want to do that either. I'm talking about running at Rogersville or KC or St. Louis. Who all likes drag racing and visits these tracks and might want to meet up for some fun?? Test n' Tune nights are when I like to go.

tcbofade

Charter Member
I'm still thinkin bout putting my truck out there next time you're at KCIR. I coulda beat some of those rigs out there. Maybe I should have raced that blazer that fell apart at the line...

I'd race you, but I'm afraid I'd embarrass you...

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I'm still thinkin bout putting my truck out there next time you're at KCIR. I coulda beat some of those rigs out there. Maybe I should have raced that blazer that fell apart at the line...

I'd race you, but I'm afraid I'd embarrass you...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: WHATEVER!! You coulda beat that Chebby for sure.

I'm talking about running at Rogersville or KC or St. Louis.....Test n' Tune nights are when I like to go.

I have been to that track in Rogersville (to watch), but never raced in my life. The only other track I have been to is the Memphis Motorsports Park.

Sometime *warm weather*, let us know when you will be there on a Friday night. During the summer I have that day off and some people live near that area (I think).

Fellro

Staff member
Last time I raced I was running a 79 Mustang with a 351W... spin all day, but hook was something it didn't do well... ex took it at the divorce, then blew it up 2 days after she got it...:rotz: Funny part about it was that I knew something was wrong, and had told her... a piston shattered. DUmb B...... sold it for $75, the guys looking at it told her it would be cheaper to convert it back then put another W in it... WTF???

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts