Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ranger Updates.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
So ever since I bought my Ranger, I've known that the leaf springs and torsion bars were sagging. I didn't really have any desire to fix it, until a few weeks ago.

So far I've installed an Add A Leaf kit, installed #1 (The strongest) Torsion Bars, and cranked the Torsion bars. I'm currently in the process of making a new radio bezel for the inside, and I also picked up a spare wiring harness from a 99 Ranger 4x4 because I have a little project in store. :)

I also tinted the rest of the windows to 20%, and added Grabber Blue Edge decals to replace the factory Tangerine decals.

Lift stuff before installation:

#1 Torsion Bars

picture894.jpg

Short Add A Leaf Kit:

picture892d.jpg

Before lift stuff:

picture690z.jpg

After the lift stuff:

picture896j.jpg

picture898.jpg

My Radio Bezel project:

dscn0032m.jpg

dscn0037md.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks good Shaun..does cranking the bars affect anything?

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Looks good Shaun..does cranking the bars affect anything?

What Randy said is technically true. However, I really haven't noticed. I don't think Torsion bars ride well in the first place. Besides, I bought a truck. If I wanted butt cushioning, I would have bought a Lincoln. smilietease

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I was more thinking steering geometry....and you are right about the Lincolns.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I was more thinking steering geometry....and you are right about the Lincolns.

Depends on part wear. Some people have needed an alignment, others haven't. I needed an alignment, but it was only slightly off.

As for Tie-Rod angles, it's not enough to make a difference.

The problems start when you add the aftermarket Torsion Keys that are indexed differently than the Ford keys. They add a lot of stress onto the CV axles of 4x4 trucks, and probably the Tie-Rod boots on the 4x2 Edge, Sport, Mazda Dual Sport, and TrailRider trucks.

Last edited:
Good project, but.... HOLY SIGNATURE BATMAN!!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts