Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Which Wheels for my 78 (pics)

Which Wheels?

• OEM

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Western

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters
Hey guys, been awhile. I finally have some time to work on my 78 again, I just bought a 4" lift so I am going to put that in and do some work underneath: brakes, seals, u joints, brake lines, cylinders, shocks, etc etc

Anyways, along with the 4" comes 33s.

Right now I have 87-91 steel wheels with chrome rings and center caps (mint), but I also just bought a set of Western's

What would you guys go with?

OEMs
IMG_0439_1_.JPG

Or Westerns, sandblasted, painted and cleared (mint)

IMG_0850_1_.JPG

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
No contest...westerns...If this isn't unanimous, I'll be surprised.

I have always liked both but I recently also found a set of the same o.e.m. rims with the trim rings and just got them installed on my 79 bronco.
Joe did your o.e.m. rims fit with out any clearance issues between the front rims and the tie rod ends? I had to wait for about a week for 1" spacers to finaly install these wheels. I found it realy strange there were issues in the 1st place considering these were a factory wheel.

I like the oems, by the way I will take those fugly western off your hands. They are truly an abomination but I will sacrifice myself and my truck for your benefit. Sarcasm aside Keep the Westerns. Ask me why I said that.
1504138_10201274914382358_1359375696_n.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
If I was able to see the truck with the Westerns on, might be easier for me to choose, but I voted for OEM's.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
If I was able to see the truck with the Westerns on, might be easier for me to choose, but I voted for OEM's.

I usually like the classic look, but that clean, green truck looks nice with the OEM's. That is one truck that is able to pull it off.

primetime

sawmill slave
I voted for the steel wheels. They just seem to fit your truck well.

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
They both look good, but for wheels I have to vote OEM.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Factory oem wheels, I have the chrome styled steel wheels from an 87 to 96 on my 78 with a nice set of Cooper raised white letter tires and it looks good, and also using factory center caps on mine. Although mine's a two wheel drive truck.

smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts