Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford Super Duties Target of Theives

I hear ya; If someone were to steal the big red beast, life could be so much easier...
The locks on my truck, which today would base list at just over 90k, are literally as flimsy and poorly designed as file drawer locks. In fact, I think File drawer locks would be better. If I ever lock myself out I know I can get the door open if I have to. That doesn't make me feel too secure when I have to walk away from it, but then again, it's all covered.
I SURELY don't feel the need for a PATS.

Kep4

Jäger
I had a Ravelco anti-theft installed in my truck last month. Being in Southern Alta-California it could be a target for thieves who would take it South of the border and I would never see it again.

It's got Lojack but if I don't notice it missing, when I'm at work all day, then that won't do any good! They could have it in Mexico in 4 or 5 hours. Hasta la vista Baby.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I had a Ravelco anti-theft installed in my truck last month. Being in Southern Alta-California it could be a target for thieves who would take it South of the border and I would never see it again.
How do you like that Ravelco?? I've been thinking about one, but I can't find much info about it other than on their site. Consumer Reports doesn't have anything on it, my insurance company doesn't know about it and neither do my local police departments. Not many folks in my area have invested what I have in a truck. Most use them for farm work. I like to play. :)

Not many folks in my area have invested what I have in a truck. Most use them for farm work. I like to play. :)

Paper investments and police reports don't count.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Wow... just last night on the Kansas City news (TV)... they reported that there have been a rash of stolen F250/F350 pick-ups at the Kansas City airport.

They stated NOT to leave one's parking pass/ticket in the vehicle, as not having one the person doing the stealing would have to show ID and fill out paperwork for a missing ticket.

As an Excursion owner, I sure hope they want pick-ups and not my SUV???

Kep4

Jäger
How do you like that Ravelco?? I've been thinking about one, but I can't find much info about it other than on their site. Consumer Reports doesn't have anything on it, my insurance company doesn't know about it and neither do my local police departments. Not many folks in my area have invested what I have in a truck. Most use them for farm work. I like to play. :)
Sorry for the delayed response!
It's been very reliable to date. The truck will not start w/o the plug installed which gives me great peace of mind. I no longer worry about coming home from work and seeing an empty driveway.

It was worth the money in my opinion and I would have one installed on any vehicle which I feel would be a target for thieves.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I dont have Ravelco----I got Brutus!

Kep4

Jäger
I've got Ravelco, Smith & Wessons, Colts, Glocks, Springfield Armorys, Les Baer, High Standard, Winchesters, Remingtons, Brownings.....
:guns:

oh yeah, and the wonderful dealer installed alarm as well.

My attack cat, Leo the Lion, passed away two years ago. :angel:

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
I've got Ravelco, Smith & Wessons, Colts, Glocks, Springfield Armorys, Les Baer, High Standard, Winchesters, Remingtons, Brownings.....

oh yeah, and the wonderful dealer installed alarm as well.

My attack cat, Leo the Lion, passed away two years ago. :angel:

I've got a Smith & Wesson installed, and a Ravelco is coming........

Gunner

Ford Truck Articles