Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

100,000 Mile Anniversary - WOW!!!!

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
I made it.... 100,000 miles onmy 2003 Excursion Limited 6.0L PSD.....

As of Monday, July 9, 2007.... I turned over 100,000 miles!!!

1) Still have all eight C94 injectors (built March 1, 2003).

2) Still have original turbo.

3) Still have original EGR valve.

4) Still have original EGR cooler and headgaskets.

I have no plans for adding a programmer now that my factory warrenty is up... but I am feeling good that no major mechanical failures in the first 100,000 miles (did add a new alternator a few months back... but not that big of a deal to me).

Drinks are on me....
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

blacksnapon

Staff member
Congratulations! I guess I can take your name off the list now!

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
CONGRATS BEACH!!
1) Still have all eight C94 injectors (built March 1, 2003).
Had mine rebuilt to 225cc at 7500 miles. :) Faster!!

2) Still have original turbo.
Will be replacing that VGT with a Non-VGT on Wednesday this week at 17500 miles. FASTER!!!

3) Still have original EGR valve.
Yeah, I got one too, but it's been disabled since 4500 miles.

4) Still have original EGR cooler and headgaskets.
Yeah, I got the EGR Cooler too, in my garage on a bench. I put new factory headgaskets on at 12000 miles along with the ARP Head Studs. FASTER!!

I have no plans for adding a programmer now that my factory warrenty is up... but I am feeling good that no major mechanical failures in the first 100,000 miles.
Ah, done two programmers so far. First at 2400 miles was the Edge Juice Platinum, then switched it out at 8500 miles for a custom tuned SCT xCal2. WAY FAST!!

Drinks are on me....
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Best hold up there Beachy!! I know how much some of these guys can hold, it'll cost you more than new heads and studs with labor and all!! Better save that money now that she's out of warranty. You know how those warranties work, it's got a clock in it so the fuse just got lite!! ROFLMAO

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
Conratulations Jeff!!!!! When my little Ranger turned 100000, I took a picture of the odometer. If I can find it, I'll post it....

and How was your weekend at the lake house. See all that maintance on the X paid off Congratulation.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
10 years from now he'll probably have 350,000 on it and still won't want to put a tuner on it or an exhaust. :rofl: Congrats Jeff.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Congratulations Jeff :WooHoo:

Okay now that you got that 100K warranty out of your system, Matt just got his new business open today. He has the new injectors, turbo wheel, fuel line kit, turbo back exhuast and some special tunes with your name on them.'hah'

With all the beer you are going to be buying us will take several trips to the store and we don't want you to spend all day driving that slow stocker:beer:

And if your wife gives you any hassle, tell her you need all this stuff so you can get her to the lake house quicker in order to spend more quality time there:cooldude:

Last edited:

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Thanks guys....

Remember... I am unemployeed right now... so until that situation gets resolved... no "toys" for the X is in the picture right now.

The lake house is coming along and my new front porch (deck) which is 8'X30' is almost done and hopefully will finish the railings this weekend.

Just getting there is costing me approximately $50.00 round trip (200 miles round trip) from home to the lake.... and my twins boys went through 40 gallons of gas in the jet ski... so at $3.00/gallon, that was a wopping $120.00 for the jet-ski and $50.00 for my truck... and by the way... my wife drove her car out there since she came straight from work.

Darn... I need a job with an oil company or refiner!!!!!:nana:

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
10 years from now he'll probably have 350,000 on it and still won't want to put a tuner on it or an exhaust. :rofl: Congrats Jeff.

Wow... your math is pretty close to accurate!!!

Lets hook up in 10 years and I will buy a tuner, injectors turbo and exhaust when I hit 350,000 miles.... deal?:beer:

Congrats, man.... ever want to drive, I can hook ya up... but the life sucks. Anyway;... always an option!

Bob Ayers

Durham, NC
Conratulations Jeff!!!!! When my little Ranger turned 100000, I took a picture of the odometer. If I can find it, I'll post it....

I couldn't find my 100000 pictures, but my little Ranger did turn 140000 today:

171994445-L.jpg

171986241-L.jpg

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
I couldn't find my 100000 pictures, but my little Ranger did turn 140000 today:

171994445-L.jpg

171986241-L.jpg

What did you do... stop in the middle of the intersection to take a pic? I did get to watch it flip over to 100,000..... but I was doing 70mph at the time!!!!

blacksnapon

Staff member
Again, congratulations, Jeff. In todays day and time, thats no easy feat. Just goes to show, keep an eye toward proper maintenance, things last longer!

Bob Ayers

Durham, NC
What did you do... stop in the middle of the intersection to take a pic? I did get to watch it flip over to 100,000..... but I was doing 70mph at the time!!!!

ha ha ha ha ha ha....No, I pulled off the side of the road.....:rofl:

Ford Truck Articles