Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

May Truck of the Month

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
May truck of the Month belongs to Dalton Sexton

Congrats Dalton!!

Dalton also submitted a video which can be seen at the bottom of the above page!!

bigdance

MayTruck of the Month 2016

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
CONGRATS!!!! The story made me laugh and then made me well up a little....beautiful story...thank you for sharing that...what an incredible rig and hopefully, when you pass it down, they too, will have the same sentiment you had when your dad said you were ready! Man, that's awesome!

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Congrats on the Truck of the Month!

Ryan

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
congratties..

congrates. I love reading this story every time you tell it! it bring much joy to my heart :

I got tired of my old crappy jury rigged throttle linkage, so I replaced this:

ddadb0722e6728f6757c66dcd87383be.jpg

With THIS!

18a4a475c76b08b8422dca815d99dea5.jpg

Works smooth as silk.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

No, the spring is connected to a secondary lever that would flop backwards uselessly and unsightfully if I had it anywhere else. I do intend, though, to redesign the spring setup in the future to change tension by engaging 2 additional springs through different parts of the throttle throw. The first tension change will be to warn not to exceed when in 1st (granny). I broke a motor mount and my big stick yanked me across the bench seat when the engine torqued up when I first got the truck a week after driving it! I won't make that mistake again, but my kids might. I had been used to a 79 ford courier 4 speed for the previous 8 years. The second will be the best fuel economy range. Beyond that, hold on to yer hats folks cause we just scalded the dog! You will simply feel the changes in the pedal difficulty. I plan to install a nicer spring retainer and the 2 additional springs will connect at the disc in the middle of the linkage. The plan is the springs will pass through the holes in the disk and beyond. The hook won't engage until the desired point.

Last edited:
AND THANK YOU ALL FOR THE GRATZS AND THE NICE COMPLIMENTS! My memory is crap so I couldn't thank you each by name, but you all are appreciated!

That looks wery nice! Shouldn't the return spring go down below the linkage?
I blame fatherdoug. He got that brain niggling thing going that won't go away until you solve it. I will keep an eye out for better looking springs but here is the "corrected" spring set. I intended to replace the other anyway since it was too stiff.

3d514cd56b5ba57a330bea7c916f9afe.jpg

And here is a shot of the linkage connection at the pedal.

d8725868b3180bd85822bbe02bbad70f.jpg

And lastly,

My choke stove tube setup that I fixed today.

4094eef290f266c370303db35f7c2cf1.jpg

I routed the tube behind the engine instead of over the valve cover. It makes for easier repairs. It just took a second kit and a 1/4" compression coupler. I also used heat shrink to seal the frayed ends of the heat shielding.

Last edited:

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Congrats. Cool story.

Ford Truck Articles