Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

truck window regulators and channels

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Hey guys, this was posted on the flathead forum. Anybody have experience or suggestions that might help Doug?

"I've taken the doors apart on my 52 F1 to replace the Window Anti-Rattler Kits, weather stripping, and vent window seals. I noticed that the glass lift channels and the window regulator assy. are not in very good shape and had
been repaired at some time. I am thinking of replacing them but don't want to end up with some light weight knock offs that don't fit,or work right. The other question is I was thinking of spraying the inside of the doors now that
there empty of parts with spray on undercoating. I would be happy if you could supply some feed back."

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I am doing that with a sound deadening coating with my 79....I can't see any issue with any era of truck providing the drain holes stay open.

It's always a good idea to undercoat places like that. Just be careful
not to undercoat over rust or bare metal. They need to be painted or
coated with Por 15 first. Undercoat has tendency trap moisture under it.
Still great stuff though. I have old Ditzler undercoat in gallon cans. I brush it on.
Wish we could still get it like that.

I noticed that the glass lift channels and the window regulator assy are not in very good shape I am thinking of replacing them but don't want to end up with some light weight knock offs that don't fit,or work right.

Classic Haulers (a division of Mid Fifty F-100 Parts) is probably your best choice for quality at a fair price.

The other question is I was thinking of spraying the inside of the doors now that there empty of parts with spray on undercoating. I would be happy if you could supply some feed back.

Yep, spray undercoating or sound deadener if there is room or………
home made “lizard skin” (tm), …………brush on box liner mixed with fiberglass micro-spheres, stinks while drying, but super tough.

Ford Truck Articles