Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Parts for my 1949 F1

Howdy from Maine, I'm finally getting the energy to re-start my 1949 F-1 driver restoration project (see photos in the Stampy gallery. I need F-1 parts and am having a hard time locating them, they can be either Used, NOS or Aftermarket. Here is a partial list: An under the seat floor pan section, A transmission hump cover, Used Throttle linkage for my '49 flat head (8 cylinder) (is the throttle linkage different than the '48 and earlier flat heads?), A dome light, A used tailgate. There's more to come, but all I can think of for the moment. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much, Stampy

BUCKEYE BOB

Florida Chapter member
I HAVE AN ORIGINAL RADIATOR IN GREAT SHAPE (it came out of my 51 f1 v8) I HAVE THE GAS TANK THAT ALSO CAME OUT OF MY 51 f1,I ALSO HAVE THE FAN SHROUD ALSO MY ORIGINAL VACCUM WIPER MOTOR -2 PAIR OF BUCKET SEATS I MAY HAVE SOME OTHER THINGS LAYING AROUND-I HAVE A 327 POSITRACTION REAR WITH DISC BRAKES & MAYBE OTHER STUFF

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Howdy from Maine, I'm finally getting the energy to re-start my 1949 F-1 driver restoration project (see photos in the Stampy gallery. I need F-1 parts and am having a hard time locating them, they can be either Used, NOS or Aftermarket. Here is a partial list: An under the seat floor pan section, A transmission hump cover, Used Throttle linkage for my '49 flat head (8 cylinder) (is the throttle linkage different than the '48 and earlier flat heads?), A dome light, A used tailgate. There's more to come, but all I can think of for the moment. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much, Stampy

I'm too far across the country to be much help, but some info might be helpful. In trucks, 48-50 are identical. 51-52 most things interchange with 48-50 on the cabs - other than the dash, gauges and glovebox door.

Things you listed for the cab, look at 48-52.
Tailgate/fenders/boxes/front end sheetmetal, etc you need 48-50.

I'm not sure when dome lights were added.

The earlier trucks are 42-47 including 59/A/AB flathead engines.
(trucks got the new 8BA engine 1 model year before cars)

Hope this rambling helps your search. A lot of what you're looking for can be found on ebay. Good luck!

I may have a section of floor pan that you can use. Let me know exactly what, where and how big and I'll take a look at what I have left. I've been parting out a cab and still have a pretty good chunk of floor section left.

Ford Truck Articles