Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Rscape 0 firewood 1

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
A freind of familly had the luck of running over a pc of wood that feel off a truck in her 08 Eascape. (12' round o OAK) If she was going little faster it would have landed on hood.

Luckily she went over it. Damage to front bunper, grill,tierods,oil pan tranny pan ,driveshaft .

Over all actually held up well . She was lucky . Will be back on road by end week .

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Ouch...I can't think of too many vehicles that would handle a 12" oak log in the road very well.

She's lucky it didn't bouce off the hood- probably weighed enough to come through the windshield if it bounced wrong.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I came through right after happened . Other than the bent stuff its seemed fine. Towed it to local shop.

She said it bounced abotu 12ft in air andwas on way down when she hit it.

Your right about the seat :)

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Glad no one was hurt- but you realize you just ticked off $5-$6,000 damage right there? Maybe more...

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Glad no one was hurt- but you realize you just ticked off $5-$6,000 damage right there? Maybe more...

Being 2 months old they will not total it if so I'd buy it. There 4 of em at the local wreckers for parts .

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
That much damage isn't a total- but if there's frame/sub-frame damage, it actually could be. Being that the truck is almost new, there's a 60% rule (damage more than 60% of new value will probably be a total).

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
$4200 out door for repairs . Not to bad I guess.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts