Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2011 SD -- Less Camo Shots

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Ford knows how to build a truck, that is not the question. The diesel engine on the other hand, the jury is still out. It will be interesting to see how the 6.7 fairs. smilieeatndrink

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
. The diesel engine on the other hand, the jury is still out. It will be interesting to see how the 6.7 fairs. smilieeatndrink

Yeah.. what I don't quiet understand, is they used the 7.3's for years (granted they had different types) but in the past few years... they have had 3 differant engines, and 6.7 making the fourth if I counted right...

Does that tell you somthing? [confused] smilietease

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah.. what I don't quiet understand, is they used the 7.3's for years (granted they had different types) but in the past few years... they have had 3 differant engines, and 6.7 making the fourth if I counted right...

You counted wrong.

7.3 -> 6.0 -> 6.4 -> 6.7 (soon)

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon

Yeah- it tells me they've had one helluva time passing emissions standards.

Yeah- it tells me they've had one helluva time passing emissions standards.

Bingo - it isn't Ford's fault.

ULSD, EGR systems, DPF's ... each time one of these has been forced on the manufacturers the engines have suffered as a result.

I wonder what this urea injection on the 6.7 is going to be like....

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I agree,, although I still love the look of my 2000 superduty!

I think those are the best looking Super Duty's, too.

Must admit, though, I prefer the gen-9 F-350s, and it took me a long time to warm up to the SDs at all.

I wouldn't not buy the '11 truck on account of it's looks, but if these spy shots are indicative of what the front will look like...appearance would be in the (-) column for me.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
It's always a mixed bag, isn't it? I liked the looks of the SD up to '04 best. The 7.3 was a great motor, but the Torqueshift is a much better transmission. I'm not overly fond of the interior (dash layout especially) in any of them- Ford loves to scatter buttons and switches across the dash (and ceiling, and door panels...) without any special rhyme or reason. It's annoying.

On the other hand- look at the alternatives, and they're still the class leader.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
I think that it looks like crap mself. I do like the idea of the new 6.2 boss v8 though. Also wish they would keep goin with the manual trans and not discontinue it.

Trucker_Eric

Mechanically Inclined
it looks alright, i agree with you Polar bear, i love the 7.3 and the up to 04 body style, actually, i like up to 07, 08's are nice but the diesel is too quiet.

I think that it looks like crap mself. I do like the idea of the new 6.2 boss v8 though. Also wish they would keep goin with the manual trans and not discontinue it.

I agree. My dad wants to get a Superduty and wants a Standard transmission with a PSD. I hope they dont cancel it...

Ford Truck Articles