Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My um... mods...

tcbofade

Charter Member
Not sure if any of this qualifies as a mod, but I did add a voltmeter, a mechanical water temp sensor, and a mechanical oil pressure gauge this weekend.

As well as an air cleaner!! It's even the correct one for the truck!! Ain't she purty?

...never mind...pics are too big to be posted. Still, it's nice to know what my oil pressure REALLY is...

Umm...ok. I suppose that qualifies. Always nice to know what the vehicle is doing.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
Not sure if any of this qualifies as a mod, but I did add a voltmeter, a mechanical water temp sensor, and a mechanical oil pressure gauge this weekend.

As well as an air cleaner!! It's even the correct one for the truck!! Ain't she purty?

...never mind...pics are too big to be posted. Still, it's nice to know what my oil pressure REALLY is...

What about the 2x4? That's a mod isn't? It's not an original factory part.:nana:

tcbofade

Charter Member
I got pics and you know where to find em. They are apparently too large for FTF. Combine that with the fact that I'm not the most techno savvy guy in the world....

And yes, air filter on it. Two pcv valves...neither of which is the correct one for the truck, but hey, they work!!

And no, I have NOT removed the infamous 2x4. Yet.

tcbofade

Charter Member
If I posted a link on here, Scott and Rattlecan would kill me in ten seconds flat...I'll try to resize the pics to post them over here.

You've never heard of my 2x4? It is a, um... custom battery hold down that while I'll admit isn't factory, it was there when I got the truck. A year ago. And it's still working, so I taint fixed it.

tcbofade

Charter Member
Got it. Went and resized them online...

Ain't she purty?

Attachments

• gauges ds #1v2.jpg
  • Gauges ps #1v2.jpg
  • aircleaner ds v2.jpg

tcbofade

Charter Member
Is it a treated 2X4? Does it hold some special "emotional" ties? Sorry that is hilarious.

Treated? Um...sure. By battery acid maybe. And yes, at this point, it has developed a real emotional relationship with the select few that have seen it first hand.

...I honestly don't know how you've missed it. Several others, we don't need to use names, but their initials are ORattlecan, Slmann, Blue Goose, and 6L Loser have been giving me grief about that thing since we met...:point2:

But they don't fool me. They're just jealous. :nana:

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Several others, we don't need to use names, but their initials are ORattlecan, Slmann, Blue Goose, and 6L Loser have been giving me grief about that thing since we met... But they don't fool me. They're just jealous.
Humph, and to think I GAVE you the battery tray and mount. Sheesh! AND COOKIES TOO!! TWICE!?!?! Well, NO MORE COOKIE FOR YOU!!

:rofl: :nana:

...I honestly don't know how you've missed it. Several others, we don't need to use names, but their initials are ORattlecan, Slmann, Blue Goose, and 6L Loser........They're just jealous. :nana:

Apparently, I am good at missing stuff. confused

I totally agree, they are just jealous. They want what they can't have!

Ford Truck Articles