Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DD. Build

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
'92-'96 F150, regular (LWB) or X-cab (SWB), 302/351, 5spd, 4" lift with 33s, LSD front/rear, long tube headers, high flow cats (Magnaflow), straight 3" from there on back...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
'92-'96 F150, regular (LWB) or X-cab (SWB), 302/351, 5spd, 4" lift with 33s, LSD front/rear, long tube headers, high flow cats (Magnaflow), straight 3" from there on back...
Haha some DD.

If it's gonna be a DD then you probably wanna get some good gas mileage...

Single cab, long bed, 2wd, 300 i6, 5-speed, 3.30 gearing. Should get you upwards of 20 mpg on a healthy engine and it'll still be a capable work horse :)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Generation 9, 300-6?

Powerstroke is the best, IMHO, for that body style...
If we're considering an affordable daily driver, to use while he builds his other truck up, I think a PSD would probably be a bit out of his price range. A healthy PSD can get upwards of 20mpg but so can a 300, so why bother spending the extra money for a putt-putt vehicle?

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
I'd still rather have the IDI...simpler mechanics.
Early Powerstrokes are pretty simple, and with a programmer can scoot...
If we're considering an affordable daily driver, to use while he builds his other truck up, I think a PSD would probably be a bit out of his price range. A healthy PSD can get upwards of 20mpg but so can a 300, so why bother spending the extra money for a putt-putt vehicle?
If he keeps his eyes open he can get a killer deal on a PSD, and a 20mpg 300 won't pull a house off a foundation...

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I already have the 4wd, this is texas it dont snow but one day a year.

That said, Likely an excab short bed, likely 2wd.

I am SLIGHTLY worried about mileage,
It cant be worse than the 250 since i found the MASSIVE vac leak and all...

Gen 9 had the 7.3l correct?
Hrmmm..... That could turn my idea's into a new direction.

I was thinking, a mild 351 build, maybe slightly lowered 2wd. Get the body lookin great have some paint splashed on, do some interior and audio work and likely call it a day at that.
:)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dang Don...help us out with a price range man and your main objectives with the ride. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were a newbie. Coulda prevented alot of controversy...haha. That being said, I'm a firm believer in being prepared for as many situations as possible. So to me, a 4x4 is a must and half the battle. Since it is a DD, I wouldn't go any bigger than 33's and probably stick with a 3.55-3.73. Continuing with the 'handling anything thrown at you'...I'd want hauling and towing capabilities and for me that would get rid of the 150...and you probably don't really need a 350. Soooooooooooo...we're back to having the truck you had before you swamped it...haha. Seriously though, I'd go 250/250HD 4x4 and wouldn't even consider a 302/351/460 in it to enhance DD duties. So that leaves the 300 or PS. I don't believe the 300 has as much untapped potential as the PS. As for tranny...depends on how much control you want, because I believe mpg differences will be negligible solely based on trannies. So my truck would be:

F250/250HD with 33's and 3.55's or 3.73's and a PSD. Pretty much stock except for more aggressive tires.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Ben, i know me, i know being that BC is down i will wanna play with the 4wd.

Im really not sure which direction i want to go.

Does the 350 come ex cab short bed?

I am so very tired of having a long *** truck.
So the short bed ex cab or regular truck is not an option, i much prefer the excab to be honest.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Definition of Dodge= to avoid

Looks like it fits the criteria you have set forth. Personally though, I never liked the ext cabs with short beds...kinda reminds me of the short bus. It also makes me think of metrosexuals that want to be billy badazz but can't handle a big truck so they opted for the shortbed. Short bed on reg cab=fine...short bed on anything else=ghey.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts