Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Finally got a decent exhaust sound clip

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
So I tried to show y'all the exhaust via a video from my digi cam and it sounded like crap cuz of the crappy microphone. But turns out the iPhone actually has a pretty decent microphone so I recorded another sound clip (no video this time). Tell me whatchu think.

Stock manifolds -- 2 Magnaflow hi-flow cats -- No muffler -- Exits in front of the rear tires

Side note: the beeping noises at the start are coming from my remote starter :)

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=AC0MY7YNGBP8

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
oh wow. that sounds really good. ive gotta get one of mine. although i don't think my exhaust gasket sealed right when i rebuilt the motor, gotta check that sometime but mine sounds good..i think. no cats, cherry bomb elite muffler and duals straight back

351 right?

one thing i love about the 302's and 351's, niceee sound

i love the sound of the 302 HO though, much better, cause of the roller cams and stuff, very unique sound

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
351 right?

one thing i love about the 302's and 351's, niceee sound

i love the sound of the 302 HO though, much better, cause of the roller cams and stuff, very unique sound
Yeah it a 351. And it doesn't have to be a HO to have a roller cam... Mine's got a roller cam. I think everything post-94ish has roller cams, in these trucks

It sounds even better in person. :D

Even my dad was impressed. :p

Nice recording none the less. :) Is there anything the iPhone can't do? ... wait, I dont think I wanna know... :p

Yeah it a 351. And it doesn't have to be a HO to have a roller cam... Mine's got a roller cam. I think everything post-94ish has roller cams, in these trucks

if were talkin about the 351 yes, 302 no.. mines a 94 with the 351 firing order and no roler cam

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
chris! it sounds frkn awsome!! i just changed mine exhaust also me and a friend was bored and he had a welding machine and some pipes! lol... gonna post it soon but your truck sounds frkn good.. !

sounds awesome.

if i hadn't traded my man motor for my girl motor, i'd do my exhaust sometime

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
In Tom's defense... His 7.5L wasn't 4wd... And living in a place where it snows he really needs it. So smilieneenar

My Ranger isn't 4wd, either, and I think it snows more in Maine than Missouri.

(That being said, I'd much rather have Tom's new truck than his old one...)

And me... what the hell Tom...??? smilietease
i'm very happy with my trade...even though i lost some man points. i'll take 19mpg out of a 5500lb 4x4 any day. does everything i need.

just saying....exhaust on a 460 would have sounded a lot cooler than exhaust on a 300 i6

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts